91st piece: Finding Hope

The song for this chapter is Love by Finding Hope. Love the vibe of this song and playing this song while I typed some parts of this chapter gave me inspiration. The song is provided above so you can listen to it. I hope you like this chapter and the song. Happy reading!

Gabriel Montessoro

I have woken up from a deep sleep but I cannot move, not even my eyes I cannot open them and I miss the light. My body felt like it was on fire, burning and its center was the right part of my stomach. My right leg felt like it had been bitten by a shark. I felt like shit! I wanted to groan but no sound came out from me. I tried to talk but I cannot even move my lips. And then, I heard someone talking. A deep male voice and it is a familiar voice.

"Caralei, I still can't approach her and it's for the best... I guess..." It was Emil's voice! And he's talking to Caralei! Caralei! She's in danger. I have seen that motherfucking Tom and he fucking shot me. Caralei! I'm here! I'm- Ah! Everything hurts! A wave of pain shot through me and it weakened me. I feel like there was something shoved inside me, in my mouth and in my nose and I wanted to pull them out. I forced to open my eyes as they continued to talk but I fell into the spell of deep sleep.

I have emerged into a state of consciousness where I felt like I was held immobile only to fall asleep again multiple times. I wished I could stay up for a few more seconds wanting to hear more about what's happening around me, wanting to hear Caralei more who has whispered the sweetest things she had ever have spoken to me. I can hear her cry beside me and I wanted so much to open my eyes and give her the assurance that I am here with her and make her stop crying for it breaks my heart to feel her wet tears against my skin and hear her cries of regret and sorrow.

"Please come back to me, Montessoro."

"I miss you so much my heart hurts just seeing you like this. I will do anything just for you to open your eyes."

"I'll give you the ten. Wake up now and I'll give you the ten and end the verdict deal."

"Oh please, Montessoro. Don't play this game. Open your eyes now. I swear to you, if you don't wake up, I'll hunt that son of a bitch who hurt you. He made a mistake." She doesn't have to make a move. It's my duty to protect her. I want to protect her and not protect me. I don't want her to get hurt. I felt stronger now and I wanted to wake up. I forced myself to open my eyes, as darkness tried to get hold of me again but I refused this time. I knew Caralei can act violently when someone close to her gets hurt. I have seen her act without remorse, wanting to have her revenge and wanting to protect who is close to her heart. I tried to move any part of my body. Come on, Gabriel. You are stronger than this. Move a muscle! Move! I heard her gasp.

"He moved!"

"What? Are you sure, my dear?" I heard the voice of the man who has taken care of his daughter, who has taken care of the woman I love.

"Yes, dad! His finger moved! I swear!" I can hear the joy in her voice and it gave me a boost of determination to move again.

"Yes. Please wake up." Caralei encouraged and this time, I can move my eyes. I felt her touch my face then she cupped both of my cheeks. Her touch was my source of energy and with much force, I opened my eyes. White light had blinded me first before it slowly disappeared and was replaced by the kind of light I wanted myself to bathe in.

"Hello Montessoro." Her smile was so bright and her eyes sparkled with tears with them. I formed my words as she choked a sob.

"Hi." My voice was hoarse. The thing I have felt that have been shoved in my mouth was now gone. I noticed that a tube was inserted in my nose. It was uncomfortable.