45th piece: Gramophone

For this piece, you can play Something by gnash. I discovered this through Koala Kontrol. I recommend you to play this song because it really reflects on Gabriel's feelings for this chapter. Enjoy!

There's something 'bout the way you move

There's something in the way you groove

There's something you don't know you do

That makes me feel my feels of you
~ gnash

Gabriel

I woke up expecting Caralei beside me but I was met with nothing but cold sheets. Damn. She must have left when I fell asleep. I can't help myself but smile as the memory of last night replayed in my mind though. She's so beautiful even in that loose sweater she had. She looked sexy in her own innocent way. And her voice. I loved her voice. She didn't know and she never cared how talented she was. She just sung whenever she liked it and God, how beautiful her voice was. I carefully got up from the bed due to my bruises and went to the bathroom.

I stepped out of the bathroom wearing my boxers only. I was drying my hair using the towel while I walked towards the closet. Suddenly, the door opened followed by a squeak. It happened so fast that when I looked at the door, it was now open and I only saw a hand leaving the door knob. What was that? I quickly grab a pair of beige shorts, wore it before I went towards the door.

"Who's there?" I asked when I was a foot away of the door. I peeked outside and saw Caralei at the side leaning on the wall looking shocked. I stepped out of the room and went to her.

"Are you okay?" I asked while her eyes grew wider. She looked at me up and down with her face flushed.

"Uhmmm... yes, I'm fine." She looked directly into my eyes then her gaze traveled down. Her face went into a deeper shade of red.

"Why are you blushing?" I can't help but smile.

"Uhmmm..." Then she pointed at my chest and I looked down before realization hit me.

"Oh right." I was shirtless.

"You can come inside if you want. I'll just grab a shirt." I said and she nodded before she followed me inside. She looked down as she sat on the bed while I took a black shirt from the closet. I quickly went to the bathroom to change. When I went back to her, I was now wearing the shirt. Her face flushed again before she looked down avoiding my gaze. A strand of her hair had fallen framing her face. She tucked it behind her hair before she cleared her throat.

"Sorry for barging in. I should have knocked." She managed to look at me but she was embarrassed. I sent her a reassuring smile to let her feel that it was fine. 

"It's okay, Caralei." She had the habit of opening doors without knocking and I was used to her doing that. What was the difference, anyway? She had seen me like this when we were teens and also at the beach in Greece. What changed?

"I came here to tell you that breakfast is ready. And we should finalize our plans with Dad about going to Australia while we eat."

"Sure. Let's go then." I said and offered my hand for her. She accepted it and I pulled her up.

"Thanks." She smiled with her red cheeks before walked out of the room first with me following behind her.

"Gabriel! Perfect. Come and have breakfast." Mr. Romano spoke to me with jolly as he took a seat.

"Good morning Mr. Romano." I greeted him. I saw Caralei about to pull her chair. I did it for her and she smiled before she took her seat while I pushed her seat nearer the table.