83rd piece: Performance

Listen to DallasK's song Self Control linked above. Hope you like it.

Turn Around, walk away

Cause I know that if you stay here

I'll lose my self control

~ DallasK

Gabriel

The scent of sweat smacked me right on the face as soon as I entered the gym and yet no one was here except Caralei. Why is she alone? Where's her trainer? The only person I saw was the receptionist and the guards posted by the doors of this building. My eyes scanned her from head to toe. I can see the anxiety enveloping her whole body. Her face had the look of apprehension and the way she punched the bag showed that her mind was not set into working out.

"You're pulling your punches." She stopped as she heard me speak and I stepped inside the room. She blew out a breath before she kicked the bag hard. I put my water bottle and my towel on the mat- covered floor. I put my gloves on and joined Caralei who was now punching harder than before.

"If you go to the gym, you have to have 100 percent of your focus on working out." I told her before I hit the black punching bag with a hard punch.

"I know that." She replied in a breath before she had a combo. Damn. She's hot.

"Gotta give your best, Cara."

"I'm only warming up. Don't bug me. You're making me get out of focus. Plus, Armanno is not here so he's not here to hold me back if you won't let me work out." She threw me a look, warning me to obey her but there was also amusement dancing in her eyes. Her focus went back to the punching which was swaying to and fro with the force she was creating.

"Okay." I let her be but not before I winked at her and her face blushed a darker shade of red. I love teasing her. We knew to ourselves that we should work- out so I turned my concentration in my warm- ups. As I did my stretching, I can't help but take a glance at Cara who was now punching the bag harder now. I saw the fire in her eyes as she took a deep breath and let it out with big huff. She made her stance then started to kick and punch the punching bag. She began to really get into it and it was sight to behold. The way sweat began to form on her skin, her red hair in a ponytail bouncing and going with her movement and the way her body moved with precision combined with her grace made me admire her, standing beside her, watching. She could be one hell of a fighter if she ever got into a fight. I had to give her instructor the credit for making her this good.

"Are you going to work- out or not?" She stopped and looked at me. She placed one hand on her hips and raised a brow at me. She wore black workout clothes; black cropped shirt that gave me a peek of her stomach, tight black yoga pants that showed me her tight ass and black and white shoes. Daaaaamn. Ah! I should control myself. I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"Perv." She rolled her eyes before chuckling.

"You're unbelievable sometimes, Montessoro."

"What? Is it my fault that you look hot?" Her cheeks flushed red.

"Shut up." She mumbled before she went back to her work- out. I laughed, half regretting and half pleased that she liked my compliment. I should control my mouth. I read that victims of sexual abuse are sensitive with this kind of issue. I'm an idiot. Control your fucking self! I took a deep breath trying to remove the intense attraction I have for her but failed as she smiled at me before rolling her eyes. Her beauty adding to the boldness she has made her perfect. Everything about her was perfect to me. Even after learning what she has been through, to me, she's still perfect. My woman.