44th piece: Voice

Music expresses feeling and thought, without language; it was below and before speech, and it is above and beyond all words.

~ Robert G. Ingersoll

Caralei

He wanted me to sing! I haven't sung to anyone in years. Why would he like me to sing anyway? That was a strange request coming from him. We have arrived home and he was smiling from ear to ear. He looked excited with his requested. Well, I will grant his wish. It's what he wanted and I'll give it to him. If I was going to voice out what I feel, it's that I liked that he wanted me to do that. It made me feel special.

"Are you okay with my request? I can change it." He offered when we entered the house. It was silent and the noises that we made were the only ones that can be heard. They must have been very tired, I thought to myself. We walked as silent as we can. I looked at Montessoro who had his lips pressed in a thin line while he limped his way towards his room.

"Are you okay?" I asked. He looked like he was having a difficulty.

"I'm fine. My thighs just feel like kind of numb but I'm fine." He said then sent me a reassuring smile. I walked beside him and hooked an arm around his to help him.

"Your legs might have gotten tired because of the things we have done today. You should rest now." I said and he spoke a yes while nodding. He let out a sigh of relief when he finally sat on the soft bed.

"Thanks." He said.

"Do you need any more help?" I asked and he shook his head.

"I'm good. Thanks. I'll take a shower later." He replied.

"Okay. I'll be back later then."

"Aren't you sleepy?" He gave his concern but I shook my head.

"I'm more of a night owl, remember?" He chuckled nodding his head.

"Yes, you are. Thanks again, tiger."
"No problem. I'll be back." I said before I went out of his room and went to my room to take a shower. As I took off my clothes, I saw the newly formed bruises forming in my skin because of the fight I had with Armanno. I would treat them later. I waited for the shower to turn into the perfect hot temperature always before I stepped into the shower. My muscles relaxed and I closed my eyes at the feeling of it. I was there for a good thirty minutes perhaps or more than half an hour and when I got out, I was so relaxed. I went to my closet and grabbed black underwear, a black bra, my comfortable black shorts and my large gray sweatshirt. When I was done putting my clothes on, I looked myself in the mirror to find out that my sweatshirt made me look like I was hiding something hideous inside my clothes. I liked baggy clothes when I was at home because it made me comfortable. The sweatshirt reached inches above my knees and my hands were not seen because of the long sleeves. I rolled up my sleeves, grabbed my comb and started combing my hair. When I was done, I was about to cover my freckles but I realized, Montessoro knew me. He knew about my freckles and he liked it. I didn't get why he liked it when these freckles of mine made me look uglier. I was not good in boosting my self- confidence and whenever I see my freckles, I always thought of them as a flaw. Well, no one's perfect. I remembered Montessoro saying that my freckles shouldn't be hidden. He told me that when we were in high school. He told me to embrace who I am but I still can't easily think of my freckles as a beauty of mine. I checked myself in the mirror, my eyes looking directly into where my freckles were. My parents told me it made me unique. My best friends told me it was like my tan. I don't get tanned whenever I'm exposed to the sun without wearing sunblock. I get freckles on my body. Montessoro told me to embrace it and so, I started to make myself believe that it was not an imperfection. It's the real me and I will embrace it. I slipped into a pair of pastel pink slippers before going to Montessoro. I knocked on the door thrice and when I heard him say 'come in', I entered the room. The fresh wonderful scent of Montessoro filled my nose. He smelled so good that I wanted to be here forever. I spotted him in the vanity quickly combing his hair before he faced me. His hair was not wet but he changed his clothes so he must have showered. He looked at me up and down before a smirk grew on his face. My cheeks burned at that but I continued to walk towards his bed. He grabbed something at the other side of his bed and saw the ice packs. I instantly went straight to him and got the ice packs. We silently grabbed everything he needed before he lied down on the bed. I saw the pain that flashed on his face when he raised his thighs. It made me wince too. His pain was my pain, a thought flashed in my mind. I went beside him to put the large ice packs under his thighs, on his stomach and finally on his face. I sat on his bed and I made him lie down completely. He let out a breath of relief when his head hit the pillow.