87th piece: Bad Timing

Hello everyone! A new chapter for you, guys. The song for this chapter is Firestone by Kygo. I love this song and I still play it, feeling the vibe and all. I hope you like the song and the chapter. Happy reading!

I'm in flame, short of fire

I'm the dark in need of light

When we touch, you inspire

Feel the change in me tonight

So take me up, take me higher

There's a war not far from here

We can dance in desire or we can burn in love tonight

~ Kygo

Caralei

Act cool, Caralei. Act cool. You got along with Mara before. Nothing changed. I told myself, pushing my confidence higher than ever as we entered the large restaurant that has high class quality screaming from it; from the high ceilings, luxurious cushioned seats, beautifully illuminated lights with a bar and staff wearing fine uniforms. I pressed lips and my mouth went dry knowing I was a few seconds away from meeting Montessoro's mom. I haven't seen her in a very long time. I wonder when she will go back to Italy... I felt a hand wrap around my waist surprising me and before I can react, Montessoro squeezed my waist and I instantly relaxed.

"Jesus. Don't do that in public. I could have punched you." I whispered at him and he smiled.

"That would be something the media will take interest to." He joked and I shook my head with a smile. This man is really impossible. He can take my nervousness away and replace it with his rays of sunshine.

"The press is not here, Montessoro."

"You don't know that, Cara. For all we know, a photographer is waiting for your strike."

"What photographer? There is no one here except us. You reserved the whole restaurant, didn't you?" I asked and he just smiled.

"I want some privacy with my family." He said before a waiter greeted us and led us to where we will be seated. His family? Did he just say he wanted some privacy with his family? His mom is his family along with his father but his father won't be here. For all I know, I don't belong in that category. It is impossible. He doesn't know the worse in me and jumping into that is just absurd. He has not made his mind to be with me forever, right? He's out of his mind if he did think of that. He- he doesn't know yet. And we're not even official. My God! This is driving me crazy!

"Here we are, Sir. Please call me if you need anything. Excuse me." He smiled one last time before he left. Our seat was at the far right side corner of the restaurant near the huge glass windows. There was a garden outside the windows of the restaurant and it was a sight to see with the green shrubs and flowers blooming.

"I'm glad we're earlier than your mother or else it would have been embarrassing." I broke out from thoughts and spoke to him.

"Yeah. She had an emergency meeting so we'll wait for her. Is that okay?" He asked me with his brows furrowed.

"Of course, Montessoro. We'll wait. It wouldn't be a problem." I replied and his worry faded away replaced by his ever beautiful and gentle smile.

"Thank you, Cara." He gave my forehead a kiss which pulled my heart into a thousand miles away before he pulled the chair for me.

"Thank you." My voice was higher than usual and I had to clear my throat for my normal voice to come back. He took the seat beside me and gladly waited for his mother. He was looking out of the entrance clearly excited to see his mom again. I think it's attractive to see him get excited to see his mom.