62nd piece: Higher Note

The song for this chapter is In the Name of Love by Martin Garrix & Bebe Rexha. Enjoy!

Music is what life sounds like.

~ Eric Olson

Caralei

"No. No way." I don't want to go back there.

"I understand. But Doctor Anthony's door will be always open for you, Cara." He smiled kindly at me. I managed to smile back before nodding.

"Thank you, Doc."

"You're welcome. Text me if you feel any difference, okay?" He said and I nodded again.

"Okay Doc. Thank you." I gave him the appreciation of his effort for me. Seriously, he has been with me since I began to have my nightmares and the violent attacks. Once he had gathered all of his things, he bade goodbye and left. When he was gone, all was silent and Aida just watched us while she served us food. She made soup for me, Montessoro got a cup of coffee while Dad had red wine. She excused herself in the kitchen leaving us to our own issues. We stayed silent and it was an awkward moment until Montessoro finally broke it.

"Sooooo, there are things we need to clear up." He said looking at me and my dad. We were in the dining room; Dad at the head table, and me and Montessoro at the either side of it facing each other.

"Yes, I believe we do." Dad agreed before taking a sip of his rich wine. I just began to stuff my mouth with soup.

"We are not in a relationship and we are not dating either, Mr. Romano." Montessoro began to explain.

"It's complicated but Caralei and I both agreed that we will not be in that level of relationship until she approves of me completely." He stated in a firm tone ad he was determined for Dad to know what we're in.

"Jesus. What did you two got into..." Dad sighed scratching his head signaling how confused and concerned he was.

"I had an agreement with your dad that I would take it slow with you and not act impulsively, Caralei. That's what we talked about. He would talk to me about it just to be sure. That was it. We promise you, we never talked anything other than that." Montessoro began to explain to me. Oh... So that's it. Nothing more. I breathed out my relief before I ate again.

"Okay." I spoke when I swallowed my food. They waited for me to continue so that's what I did.

"I am sorry you have witnessed what I did earlier, Montessoro." I apologized to him and he nodded. A small smile on his face made me know that he understood me. I was glad that he did. I was lucky to have him beside me.

"And I am sorry too, Caralei, for hiding that to you. I should just have told you about what your father and I have talked about."

"Apology accepted." I smiled at him. I can never get mad at him for so long and he had told me the truth. I wanted more but there's nothing more to discuss. That was their only agenda and it touched my heart that these men talked about my welfare.

"I am sorry too, my dear." Dad apologized this time.

"I should have not confronted you like that and I should not have entered with your relationship. It's your decision to make not mine."

"You just did what you have to do, Dad. I understand now. You were just checking up on me and him." I gestured at Montessoro who was drinking his cup of coffee. Why was he having coffee at night, anyway? Wouldn't that make him be wide awake until the sun rises up?