35th piece: Pianissisimo

I am giving you the aesthetic vibes for this chapter. This is from Ambition's channel. It is entitled i just want to be happy

He who hears music, feels his solitude peopled at once.

~ Robert Browning

Gabriel

I was at home alone for the Christmas Eve. I had Mary go with her own family for a vacation giving her a special treat by handling all the expenses they'll make. I have been living separately from my parents since they were not in great conditions and that's the reason why I have got used to spending holidays alone. Sometimes when events were arranged and I was invited, I'll go just to make the loneliness go away. Since my best friends were busy with their own lives, we only go out for a drink after Christmas. In addition to that, Gio's married now so it might get delayed. The house was silent without my pal, Brutus, wandering and playing around. He's sleeping in my studio room right now. I don't have anything right now as I was not in the mood in working or producing music right now. I walked to the kitchen and opened the fridge that Marry stuffed with food. Three hours from now, it would be Christmas Eve and I wanted to celebrate it simply. I was not in the mood for cooking for Christmas and I was craving for a pineapple sponge cake for my simple celebration. Might as well go out and buy one, I thought to myself. I grabbed my keys and my wallet. The door automatically locked when I went out and I jogged to my car and hopped in. I drove for a few minutes until I arrived in the pastry shop.

"Buonasera Gabriel! Merry Christmas." The baker was the one who greeted me as he refilled his trays with his freshly baked cookies. Even though it's not Christmas Day, he had greeted me with his jovial character which influenced his customers greatly.

"Bounasera Antonio! Merry Christmas." I greeted back with a smile for him. He grinned at me as he closed the glass cabinet in which his baked goods were displayed.

"Where are your staff?" I asked scanning the area. Only the cashier and he was around.

"They're at the back taking a break. We will be busy tonight so I told them to rest before we start scrambling here." He said wiping his hands with the white cloth that was hung on his left shoulder.

"Okay. Well, I would like to have a pineapple cake, Antonio." I said and he beamed at me before he grabbed his tray.

"Of course. Which one? Large, medium or small?"

"I'll take the medium one." I said and he nodded before he spoke on the microphone to bring the pineapple cake out.

"Coming right up." He said before he excused himself. I stood there waiting for my order when someone tapped my shoulder. I turned around and Aisa was standing there with a bright smile on her face.

"Hi Gabriel!"

"Hi." I replied with a tight smile. What was she doing here.

"What are you doing here?" She asked touching my shoulder. I backed off letting her know I don't want to be touched. She frowned at me.

"I'm waiting for my order." I told her a matter of fact. What was she expecting me to do here except buy pastries? Maybe buy the fucking place? I wouldn't do that. I wouldn't want to ruin Antonio's business.

"Oh. Well, I just saw you here when I was passing by. Is their pastries good?" She asked looking at the cabinet full of sugary things.

"Yes, Antonio's pastries are great."

"What do you recommend?" She asked leaning towards the glass interested with the colorful cupcakes.

"Whatever you like. They're all good." I said and she nodded. Just in time, Antonio walked out of the door in front of me holding a white cake box. He gestured for me to go to the cashier and I went to there. I saw that there were 5 people waiting in line but Antonio told me to go directly at the front. He told the customers that this would be quick and they all looked okay with it.