48th piece: Follow your beat

Marshmello's Summer is the song for this chapter and it is linked above. This gives you the vibes. Enjoy!

If the King loves music, it is well with the land. ~ Mencius

Gabriel

Daaaaaaamn. What did I do to get such a tight hug from her? Whatever it was, I was darn happy that I got this from her. I loved it. I hugged her tightly, buried my head in her neck and took a deep breath. I felt the loud thumping of her heart as she breathed in and out deeply. I think someone made her angry. I pulled out first and held her at arm's length. She was just looking down so I tipped her chin up using my index finger.

"What happened Cara?" She sighed and she tucked a loose strand of her hair behind her ear.

"It's my dad and Voj." She looked pissed off.

"They are trying to make me sign an agreement and I don't want anything that has been stated there."

"Why is Voj involved?" I asked her and she huffed out a breath. Some strand of her hair fell on her face and I quickly brushed it away from her face.

"Apparently, Dad and Voj talked about some things about the company and now he made the agreement." She began playing with her fingers.

"Want to talk more about it?" I asked and she let out a breath before nodding. I invited her in with my hand on her waist guiding her inside.

"Thank you for being with me even though I can't explain myself well." She bit her lip and blushed. I understood her. She has a temper and she's not really good at explaining herself. She would just go and find comfort. I was one of the witnesses of that. Whenever she would get hurt physically or emotionally, she would run to me and I would understand.
"Yeah. You're bat-shit crazy sometimes." She slapped my shoulder and I chuckled.

"I understand you. You wouldn't be Caralei and I would ask you if you really are Caralei if you tell me what's wrong with you without your surprising actions." I love your surprises, by the way. I wanted to add that but it might freak her out so I just shut up.

"So, what does your father want from you?" I went back to our topic and she frowned. I made her sit down on the sofa before she told me what happened to her earlier. She told me that Mr. Romano wanted her to take everything and by everything, even his retirement and all his money. I was confused and suspicious as hell to why he would do that and would ask Voj to do it for him. Caralei was angry because of that. She didn't want his money. It was crystal clear to me. She wanted to earn everything that she had using her own money.

"I walked out of his office because I don't want to argue with them anymore." Why would Mr. Romano force this and I think he was rushing everything. Hell, he can do that if there's something wrong. Or there really is something wrong... I saw Caralei balling her hands into tight fists completely angry of what they wanted her to do. I quickly got into her side and rubbed her back.

"We'll find out what's going on. I think they are hiding something." Caralei clenched her jaw.

"If they won't tell me anything soon, I might as well dig into everything."

"So you're hiring an investigator?" She nodded looking determined.

"If that's what it takes for me to find out why they are doing this then yes, I will."

"Okay. I am curious about this too. I mean, you already have a lawyer. Why bring Voj into this?"

"That's one thing that I am curious too."

"We'll find it out soon."

"You think so?" She looked at me with so much hope in her chocolate eyes. I sent her a smile and nodded.