36th piece: Arrangement

LÉON's Liar is the song for this chapter. Something will happen here and it involves violence. 

Dedicated to the victims of terror attacks all over the world.

Heartbreak's on its way

Nothing left to say

Why you playing, babe

And tell me who she is

The reason to all this

Is she staying, babe

Liar, you are a liar

But you can't hide your face, it's so revealing

Liar, you are a liar

And nothing that you say can change this feeling

~ LEON, Liar

Gabriel

I continued to stroke Brutus' head when my phone rang. I checked it and it was him. Father! I let it ring as I hesitated on answering it. I answered it after a few rings.

"Hello." My voice was hard.

"Hello son! Are you alone? Why don't you come over here and let's have a drink." He invited and I wanted to decline what he offered. He's still your father, angel. Mom's voice rang and I sighed.

"Fine. I'm coming."

"Great! I will be waiting for you." He said before he ended the call. He sounded as if he was in good spirits. Maybe he really wanted to celebrate. I went to my room to change to jeans and gray shirt and Brutus followed me there strolling around my room like it was the first time he was there. I slipped out my slippers and wore my brown boots. I put my phone and wallet in my pockets then grabbed my keys twirling it around my fingers. Brutus barked as he followed me outside the house.

"Come on, boy. You'll be back in the house later when I come back." I said snapping my fingers at him. He whined, his ear pulled back with his big hopeful eyes but followed me anyway to his cage. I never have been worried that Brutus wasn't doing his job as a guard to this house since I have installed the best security technology here and I have made some of my own security techs for my house. I have to keep my house safe because the most important documents and my blueprints of all of my designs were all kept here.

"That's a good boy." He barked waggling his tail at me.

"Be back later." I said and he barked one last time before I went to my car. The drive to father's house was short and with that amount of time, I wanted to go back home. With all the memories he left, I don't want to go there again but then, mom wanted me to visit me. Ah! What a complicated life! I blew my horn as I reached the gate. I saw his maid go out and open his gate for me.

"Thanks." I said once I passed her and she smiled at me. I wonder how she can tolerate the man she was working to. She must have a lot of patience.

"Gabriel, Gabriel, Gabriel. Nice to see you, son." My father greeted with a smirk on his face. Ah shit! Even his smirk was evil for me.

"Hey... dad."

"How are you?" He went near me and stopped just a few feet away from me scrutinizing me. He clicked his tongue before he talked.

"I'm doing great." I replied.

"That's good to know. Come and follow me. Let's have a drink." He motioned for me to follow him and we walked to the bar at the side of the dining room. The lighting was dark like his soul and silence have occupied the room. Only the sounds of our footsteps were heard as we made our way. He went over the counter and faced me.