68th piece: Vibes

This chapter is dedicated to @JasmineN27 for giving lovely comments in each chapter that she has read in this story.

Be captivated by Phoebe Ryan's single Mine. You can play the song in the link above.

Facing the change, but it's still tough to see

At first, I fought it all, I was so mean

I'm still unsure how it's supposed to be

But taking every day now by the skin of my teeth

Until I learn

~ Phoebe Ryan, Mine

Gabriel

I have never have done this but I did it because of Caralei. I rushed and finished all of my meetings and paperwork so I can go home earlier than my scheduled arrival. One day earlier to be exact. One might ask "why would you do that?". Simple. I miss Caralei. I miss her so much. I don't know why I feel and act this way but I really want to be close to her all the time. I miss her voice, my name rolling out of her lips, her laughter, her warmth, her care, her intrepid personality, and everything! For fuck's sake, I cannot stop thinking about her. Sure, I think about her in Italy but now that I was miles away from her, every damn second she's in my mind. I would wonder how she was doing... I can still remember the time she broke down and was vulnerable. I have seen fear and devastation. As if she's broken into billions of pieces. I always wonder why she was like that. Did she go through a horrible experience? Based from her panic attacks and the way she talked to me about it, it's worse than I think it was. It's not just some heartbreak or she had an embarrassing experience. Trauma. The thought slipped in and I began to wonder what experience could she have been into that brought that very worrying reaction in her. I gripped my seat tight at the thought someone hurt her. It's possible. She must have been hurt. And her family tried to cover it up. Why would they though? That's very strange for them to do.

"Excuse me, sir. We have finally landed. The car is now waiting outside." The steward informed me bringing me back from my deep thoughts.

"Okay." I unbuckled my seatbelt and grabbed my briefcase before getting out of my jet. Piero and my bodyguards followed me.

"Good evening, Mr. Montessoro." Edmond, my driver, greeted tipping his hat slightly. I nodded at him.

"Good evening, Edmond." I greeted back before I slid into the car. Edmond closed the door of the backseat where I was situated while Piero got in the passenger's seat.

"Things are now being loaded in the other car, sir." He informed looking back at me.

"Good." I only replied and he returned his gaze in front. Edmond slid in and buckled his seatbelt.

"Where are we going, sir?" He asked since I have not given him any direction to where I would be going tonight. I debated whether I will visit Caralei tonight or not. It won't hurt if I do that, I thought. Besides, I have a surprise for her. I have a picture of her favorite artist, After Morning, and I have made him sign it. To be honest, meeting After Morning kind off made me jealous of him since Caralei loved him very much. She's fond of him. But hey! I still did it because I want her to be happy. Never mind my jealousy. I should stop it. It's not a good thing. I sighed.

"Can you please go to Miss Caralei Romano's house? I want to visit her."

"Yes sir." I gave him the address before we went to our destination. Upon my arrival, the security told me she's not home. I looked at the time. It's late.