82nd piece: Heal the World

You are missing out if you don't know this song. The song for this chapter is Heal the World by Michael Jackson. Enjoy!

Heal the world

Make it a better place

For you and for me

And the entire human race

~ Michael Jackson

Gabriel

The rain has started to pour as I stared outside my building. The patter of rain drops creating beat against the glass window. Staring down, I saw people running away from the streets and to sheds taking cover. I love rain. The smell of wet ground gave me a sense of relaxation and adding coffee while watching the rain fall would be perfect. I pressed the intercom and ordered Piero to give me coffee.

"Right away, Sir." He said and I went back to looking out of the window. I wanted to open the windows and let air come in together with the raindrops but the papers I had on my desk right now might get wet and get ruined when I do that. Perhaps it would still rain later when I get home and I'll invite Cara in the house or go to her house to enjoy this weather. Remembering the beauty, I fished out my phone and dialed her phone.

"Hello?"

"Hey Cara! What are you doing?"

"Looking at the project proposal of the research team. Why?"

"Are you free after work? I want to spend time with you."

"Sure. Dad is taking me and Voj out for dinner."

"Oh. Okay. I'll let you spend time with them." I let her be with her father and her friend. She hasn't spent her time with Voj and I should be understanding. I won't let jealousy reign in because that's just irrational and I trust Caralei. Ah. I remember her birthday again and when I told her she's mine as I was to her.

"Okay. You can come to the gym tonight if you want. Same time. We'll meet there then we can go wherever we want to go." That made me smile.

"Great. I'll see you later, Cara. Arrivederci!"

"See you later. Bye!" I ended the call, a smile tugging on my lips. It has been days since I last saw her and I missed her. I had to finish all paperwork that was needed to be finished so I won't be thinking about work when I spend my time with Cara in the music festival where she would be performing for the very first time.

"Your coffee, sir." I was startled by Piero's entrance, his voice snapping me back from my deep thoughts.

"Thanks." He placed my coffee on the table and looked at the documents scattered all over my table. He huffed out a breath, shaking his head at the mess in front of him.

"Are you really going to finish this all today, sir?"

"Yes. I have another load of work tomorrow followed by meetings with the buyers."

"You really are the boss." He still was staring at my table looking as if he was exhausted just staring at it.

"I need to borrow some of your stamina, boss. My head is about to explode just by looking at it." He pointed his finger at the pile of papers before he scratched his head.

"We're not successful if we don't have the energy to finish the work that has been given to us, Piero."

"Indeed, sir." He agreed.

"Your hotel rooms have been booked for your Miami trip, sir. May I ask who you will be with?" He asked out of curiosity. He should be curious for I ordered him to reserve 3 rooms for the trip.