42nd piece: Consonance

I heard this song in Koala Kontrol's YT channel. It's called Out Of My Head by Axel Mansoor. Enjoy!

*Important note at the end

Music is the art which is most nigh to tears and memory. ~Oscar Wilde

Caralei

It felt good that he was there for me as I wept for my mother. He gave me comfort that it was easy to let my feelings out with him beside me. I rarely reveal what I really feel when it came to my mom and my past. It kind of embarrassed me that he had seen me in that state. He saw a vulnerable side of me and he had the right words I needed. I was becoming aware that I have begun liking him to the point that I have told something I have kept to myself for years.

"Caralei, are you okay?" I heard the man that I was thinking about ask. He was standing right outside of my room while I sat on the bedroom facing him. We have arrived a few hours ago and I have been in my room since then. I haven't seen Dad yet and it's good he has not seen what state I was in right now or he might misinterpret what's happening to me and Montessoro.

"I am fine, Montessoro." I said but he looked unconvinced.

"May I?" He asked gesturing his hand for him to enter. I nodded at him.

"Of course." I replied to him shifting from my seat to give him space to seat on. He entered and walked towards me. The bed dipped down when he sat and he was looking at me while I averted his gaze and looked down on my lap. I fiddled my fingers nervous to what he would say about what he saw earlier.

"I am sorry, Caralei," He started and my heart squeezed painfully. Pity. I didn't want to receive that. He might be thinking about something bad now.

"For your mom... for not being here for you when you needed all the people to support you and for going in there when you told me to stay in there. I am so sorry." He said and I looked at him searching for his face if he meant it. He did mean what he said and it gave me mixed emotions. I saw his hand move as if he wanted to touch me but hesitated.

"It's okay." I said in a soft voice as I tried to contain the tears threatening to spill again. Damn these tears. I didn't want this side of me. I don't want my emotions to make me look weak.

"I was worried why the happy you that I saw earlier today suddenly disappeared when we're in the cemetery. There was something wrong and I didn't want you to be alone with what you are going through, Caralei. You don't have to be alone and keep your feelings for yourself. I am here. Your dad is here. Your best friends are here for you. We are always here for you." That broke the dam and tears spilled. Montessoro had his eyes furrowed with worry and the next thing I knew, I was in his arms again. I buried my head in his neck as I let the grief out. He rubbed my back in a comforting manner and after a few moments, I calmed down and I pulled out of his embrace. I wiped my tears away clearly while I sniffed.

"Sorry for seeing me like this." I said and he shook his head. He reached his hand on me and stroked my face then wiped a tear.

"You shouldn't be sorry, Caralei. We're only humans. We cry and crying is not a weakness." He made a point with that. God! Why did he have to say those perfect words to me? He was so right.

"Thank you, Montessoro. This means so much to me," A smile grew on his face making him look more handsome even though he still had bruises on his face. It was strange to look at him in that perspective. Horribly wounded but still looked handsome.

"And I forgive you." He beamed at me as he put down his hand.

"Yeah?"

"Yes." I sent him a smile and he looked happy.

The Emancipation of Tune | Volume 1 | [Completed]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara