47th piece: Skip a Beat

Two Feet will seduce you into his addicting beautiful voice for this chapter. His song provided above is Her Life. Hope you like it!

Just the glimpse of the true you, I am healed. ~ Gabriel Montessoro/ Mechanical Angel

Caralei

I woke up with Brutus' loud barking and I moved to the side to see my door partially open. Dad might have opened it so he can hear me if I have a nightmare. I was still sleepy since I was afraid to fall asleep last night. Every time I closed my eyes, memories that hunted me would creep in and I would wake up again. I rubbed my eyes and forced myself to get up. I went to the bathroom to do my daily routine and when I remerged feeling more alert, I heard Brutus barking. I grabbed my phone and put it in my pocket. I quickly went to the garden to check him and as I got near the garden, a shiver ran through me as the cold wrapped me around like a blanket. As I appeared in front of his sight, he whined and crouched down with his ears low. Since he doesn't have a cage and we can't make a huge dog cage with a snap of our fingers, we got a leash. Besides, the garden was covered and he can roam around whenever he wanted since his leash was long. At night, we make him get inside and he would sleep at the front door. Good thing he was potty trained or it would have been a problem.

"Good morning Brutus." I walked to him slowly and carefully since I was still afraid of dogs. He licked his lips and went to a sitting position with his tail waggling. He began barking making me step back with my body tense and he whined looking at me with his big eyes. What does Brutus want? I asked to myself completely clueless to what he wanted and what I would do to him. Maybe feed him? I checked his dog bowls and there was still remnants of food in there and there was water. With the time, I knew he was fed but maybe he was hungry again.

"You hungry?" It's useless to ask since he can't understand me. I sighed. I grabbed his dog bowl with fear residing in my heart since I got so close again to the dog. He just looked at me. I went back in front of him and he tilted his head looking at me in curiosity. I raised my index finger in front of him and stepped back.

"Stay." I commanded and he barked at me as if he would obey me. He sat straight making him look bigger and more intimidating. My God! He's such a big dog. I went to the kitchen to the far side cabinet where his dog food was. I scooped a cup of dog food just to test if he's hungry again or not and poured it into his bowl. I put the dog food pack back to its place before I went to Brutus. He was waiting for me patiently and he was still in his position but now, his mouth was open with his tongue out. He barked when he saw me. I offered him his bowl placing it just a few inches away from him but he didn't touch it. He just smelled it but he looked back at me as if he's waiting for something. What is it that you want? Thoughts of anything a dog would want ran inside my head but all of them were impossible for me to do alone for he's such a big dog and I still don't know its complete behavior. He might overpower me and drag me if I take him for a walk. If I let him out of his leash, he might tackle me down. I heard him whine again and he looked sad. So I earned the courage to pet his forehead. The moment I felt him, I closed my eyes expecting for the worst but he didn't do anything. He nudged me with his head as if he wanted more so I stroked him again and again and again. I felt more comfortable now that I slowly sat in front of him while he silently just sat there looking like he was enjoying what I did. And so I continued. My phone beeped in my pocket and I checked it while I played with his ears.

Montessoro:
Good morning Caralei.

"Would you look at that? It's from Montessoro." I waved my phone in front of him.

"You miss your buddy, don't you? Do you miss Montessoro?" He barked at me twice and I think he wanted to say yes. My God! His barks were really loud.