43rd piece: Sing

RIP by Olivia O'Brien ft. Drew Love, G- Eazy is the song for this chapter. Enjoy!

Truly to sing, that is a different breath.

~ Rainer Maria Rilke

Gabriel
I love teasing her. Her reactions were priceless every single time I joke around or make her fall by making her tell me what she felt inside. It was good that we were getting closer and closer. Whenever she's around, I felt like I can do everything and anything. She was beginning to be my inspiration and she was the source of my energy. As fucking cheesy that was, it was the truth and I was willing to admit that. We just finished dinner and Aida helped me unpack my things in the guest room while Caralei and Mr. Romano had a conversation in the garden. Before I left them, they looked serious and I wonder what they would talk about. The house was silent now and I have noticed earlier that they didn't even decorate their house with Christmas decors. It must be because of Eryka, Caralei's mother, who died to a day that supposed to be a day of celebration and joy. I felt my chest tighten with the thought that Caralei suffered through the years alone and grieving for her mother. It took me a decade just to find out about this. I wanted to wipe those tears away from Caralei. She had lost a loved one and I, too, missed Eryka. She was a kind and loving woman and she was a redhead like Caralei. It fascinated me that Caralei got the facial features from both of her parents and she's beautiful. Too beautiful to always cry. I wanted to be the one to save her from drowning from her own tears. I will save her. I will make her happy again. I wanted her to be happy because her happiness meant so much to me. Her smile always took my breath away and her laughter was music to my ears. Sure, I produce music but the most beautiful sounds were her laughter and her voice. God. I missed her voice. She used to sing and I have not heard her sing yet. I hoped she didn't give that up because it would be a waste. She has talent but she was always shy. I found it strangely attractive when she's shy because she has a bold personality. I love both of her sides and I wanted to know her more now that we have changed over the years. As we finished arranging my stuff in the room, Aida excused herself and before she walked out of the room, I gave her my thanks. She was quite a kind woman and I think she's acting as the mother of Caralei since her real mom was gone. I can't imagine the pain she has gone through when she lost her mom. I can't even imagine losing my mom. I loved my mom and I always will love her. I was texting my manager when I saw Mr. Romano pass by my room. I quickly shot up from my seat causing me to have an instant jolt of pain in my thighs. Damn these injuries. I walked outside and searched for Caralei. I walked around the living room and out of the house and she wasn't there. I have not heard her door close or even open so I haven't bothered checking her room. I went to look for her in the garden. There she was, sitting on a white fancy chair and her back was facing me. She was quiet and she seemed like she was just staring straight ahead. I walked towards her quietly but she must have detected my movement as she turned around and saw me. She sighed and went back to her original position.

"Hey." She started.

"Hey. Can I join you?" I asked and she sent me her sweet smile before nodding.

"Of course." She said and I pulled a chair from the corner and placed it beside her. I sat on it and we just let the silence envelop us.

"I talked to Dad about our plan going to Australia." She broke the silence and looked at me. I prayed that Mr. Romano said yes.

"Yeah? Did he agree?" She gave me a smile before she nodded.

"Yes. We'll be taking our private jet. You sure you're fine to travel alone? You can come with us." She said and it pleased me that she wanted me to travel with her. Unfortunately, I can't. I have to fly with my team and I'll be using my own jet. My team would be taking photos and videos of me during the travel so I have to separate with Caralei. I wish I can tell her about me but I have to talk to my manager about this first or else the confidential agreement will be broken.