Chapter 45: Evil's True Face (M)

(Music is on this Chapter. Begin at START and stop at END. Play in window or from youtube. The title is Metal Gear solid Revengeance: It has to be this way Extended)

Xene was still alive, and in Hidan's body has shown himself before everyone. Xene's biggest plan carried with it the hopes of ridding of Saku for good...had from the looks of things had failed. All of Saku's friends, who had crippled by splitting headache, felt the pain being relieved. Xene at first thought he had succeeded...but instead he found everyone could still remember Saku clearly. And Anaeus, Anastasia, Ellie and Mochi were now solid...and appeared no longer at threat from disappearing.

Sora and Ayoko had been taken back to Saku's past, to the day his path in life started. Xene had stopped a goon striking Saku's mother, the first step to the rest of his life. However Sora ignited Saku's anger and thus recorrected his life. Sora and Saku now stand before Saku, well floating, in an endless white space. They both fell guilty, as a result of their action means...Saku became rankless. Yet Saku smiles upon them

"Sora, Ayoko...thank you for saving my life"

Both were surprised at his words, and the tear which ran down his face which he wiped away with his sleeve "don't feel guilty for what you did" said Saku honestly "it's because of that action, which allowed me to live that life"

"what...what do you mean Saku?" asked Sora

"There's a reason...he targeted that day Sora. But because of you two, I was seen, then sealed to become who I am now"

"so...it was a good thing?" asked Ayoko a bit confused

"I...believe it was. No one had any idea, I had that power at only 5. And neither still do I. I had no control over my power, I just wanted the attacker to suffer. The way I see it, if Xene did succeed I wouldn't be here right now"

Sora and Ayoko looked curious "The cause Bio-poisoning. Or something along that line"

"wait...what do you mean?" asked Ayoko

"when my...sealed power, began to seep out, I still had no control over it. When it fully came out, I erupted in rage and attacked with everything I had. I didn't care who was in my firing line, I just wanted to let my anger out. After that I was a wreck, and because of that my own power...began to kill me"

"why is that?" asked Sora

"would you be able to accept a power, right away...that only seems to hurt others?"

Sora thought about this "Not...right away no. Especially if I was by myself"

"My friends...helped me accept my power" said Saku putting his hand on his chest "and showed me, it wasn't as bad as I thought. If Xene had succeeded, and my power didn't come, I would've never been sealed. Then my power will have remained un-noticed, slowly ravaging my body...until I succumbed and passed on"

Saku looked at his hand "by the time my seal was undone, I was old enough, strong enough...and with friends to control my power. Which is something that wouldn't have been possible, as a child"

"How did you...work out all this?" said Sora

"Xene, has a good reason for wanting me dead. And I thought, why would he target that day...and that's the answer I came with up"

"but...how can you be sure?" asked Ayoko

"because Xene is a sadist. Killing me off with a car accident or lightning strike would've been boring to him. Either way, the certainty is...I wouldn't have made it. Because of Xene's circumstances, I know that for certain"