Chapter 44: The Restart of One's Life

Xene had once again struck, with his most bizarre but effective plan so far. Using a strange device he sucked Saku within a purple vortex, which also caught Sora (Or Laura) and Ayoko as they attempted to save him. Naturally everyone demanded answers, but strange events began to occur. Anastasia and Anaeus became weak and semi-transparent while everyone else suffered immense pain through their head.

Everyone was reduced to their knees with the only ones who could endure the pain appeared to be Logan, Jay, Kai and the still sleeping Ryuu. Xene then had an evil grin as through his mind he had finally succeeded in beating Saku and stabilizing his role as world ruler. While everyone wondered where Saku had gone, Sora and Ayoko had found him...sort of anyway.

Sora and Ayoko found themselves in a rather grand looking bedroom occupied by a young boy...who looked remarkably like Saku. When Ayoko asked the question "are...are you Saku?"

"yes...I'm Saku" replied the boy "have you been...looking for me?" the two could only look between each other...at the child Saku before them. Sora and Ayoko were trying to work out what had happened while the child Saku yawned in his bed, rubbing his head "ahhh...What's going on? Is it breakfast time?"

"Are you sure you're Saku?" asked Ayoko "sorry to ask you again"

"Well...my Mom and Dad call me Saku so...I guess so" he innocently replied "why? Am I someone else?"

"No, no we're just being silly...sorry" said Ayoko nervously laughing before whispering to Sora"what's happened Sora? Why is Saku a child?"

"I...I don't know Ayoko" said Sora sounding rather flustered "I'm...at a loss here. I mean he looks the same...but just younger"

Saku began to look curious "umm...excuse me" said young Saku "why are you here? Are you here for the dinner party? Or..." Saku then began to cower "are you bad people?" Sora turned to Saku and saw how worried he looked

"No, No we're good people" said Sora smiling and sitting on the bed "we're really sorry for waking you up"

"Yes me too...I'm sorry" said Ayoko bowing "we got lost and found our way to your room" Saku looked between them with caution

"well...you don't...look like bad people"

"why is that?" asked Sora

Young Saku turned a bit red "well...you look too...beautiful to be evil. You have a...nice smile" gesturing to Sora "and she has pretty looking pink hair" Ayoko herself turned shy while Sora smiled and rubbed Saku's head

"you have good instincts" said Sora smiling "you have nothing to worry about okay?" Saku nodded

"I wonder if we're in his memory. Or his past" said Ayoko trying to think "because he looks the same to me"

"I look...the same as who?" asked Saku

"no sorry. Nevermind Saku, just talking to myself"

Young Saku looked between them "so, are you two part of the family? I haven't seen you two before" Ayoko looked a bit awkward

"well...we are part of the family" said Ayoko truthfully "but, we aren't supposed to be here"

"oh...you're in the wrong room aren't you? Well as long as your quiet you won't get in trouble"

"oh okay" said Sora speaking a bit quietly "then we'd best be quiet"

"well it's nice to meet both of you. I'm Saku...Saku Stritos. What are your names Sora and Ayoko?" Ayoko pointed to herself with her thumb

"Well I'm Ayoko and this is..." Ayoko trailed off and turned to Saku as did Sora "how did you...know our names Saku?"