Chapter 18: Remembering What's There

It was now Month three of the bio-duelling competition. Saku and Anaeus' group had made it through and now it was only weeks till the fated meeting. Anaeus' and Sora believe on a tip that their father will appear before them...on the next elimination day. With only four weeks away...things were looking up.

For Saku however he had once again reached a low. During the second elimination round Saku had triggered the feral state. But his anger became too strong, mutating his body and sending him on a rampage. Only Ayoko seemed to calm him down and bring him back to normality. Saku has spent the last couple of days recovering...but the memory of it still lingers.

Saku was sat on his bed, just in thought. Ayoko, Sora and Anastasia were with him "So Saku...what happened?" asked Sora "you were fine until a point and then you just exploded"

"I...I don't know" said Saku a little sadly "I only remember this overwhelming urge to lash out. Like  a shark that has smelt blood. Then after that...nothing" Anastasia sat next to him with a hand on his shoulder

"how are you feeling anyway?" asked Anastasia "are you feeling any better?"

"Just tired is all. It just feels like my body is drained"

"that might just be the drawback of all the power" said Sora "I'm sure by tomorrow you'll be fine"

Saku then just leaned forward and sighed "yeah...I hope so. I wonder why though...I could only hear Ayoko" Saku turned to her

"You could...only hear me" asked Ayoko

"I just remember all these muffled voices, as if I had encased in a bubble of plastic. However I could hear yours as clear as day. As soon as I heard it...I just felt calm and at peace"

"Well If I managed to help you...that's fine by me" Ayoko said with a smile "I mean you are my teacher after all"

"well I think it's approaching lunch time" said Anastasia "so how about I make you something good to eat?" Saku nodded "Sora would you mind helping me out?"

"yeah okay" said Sora "Ayoko why don't you stay here with Saku? It might be a good idea if he has a friend next to him" Ayoko happily nodded as the two left the room.

Outside Saku's dorm room were Ellie, Logan, Mochi and Anaeus. Ellie was the first to speak "so...how he is?"

"Shaken and tired" said Anastasia a little quietly "he doesn't remember much of the incident, but that feral state really shook him"

"the only good thing I can say" said Anaeus "is that was the worse it could possibly get. Just what kind of anger does Saku have in his heart anyway?"

"yeah...you're telling me" said Logan "for that form to physically mutate...takes quite a lot"

"Mochi, Anastasia" said Ellie "you've known Saku the longest out of anyone. Is there a reason for his anger?"

Anastasia and Mochi looked between each other and then sighed "Big Brother..." said Mochi slowly "has had a lot of anger...from the past. I would have thought...he'd had got past it by now"

"You can only truly get rid of anger in two ways" said Logan appearing to be in thought  "It's either met on...or just released all in one go. Otherwise it lingers and remains there"

"Can you tell us what could be the root of his anger?" asked Anaeus "if you work that out you might be able to erase it"

"yeah" said Ellie "I'm sure we could help him if we knew" Anastasia and Mochi became quiet "what...is it?"