Chapter 4: A Feeling Of Danger (M)

(The Option for Music is on. Being at START and stop at END. For those who can't access music...The name of the track is I'll Face Myself - Battle ExtendedJust find it)

It was about a week before the first elimination round of the competition. The participants were now properly solos or teams, all with the same goal. Due to the new rule of, fight to your leisure, the atmosphere was mostly relaxed. There was the occasional fight, but not too many as they would've been.

Saku was now in a team of three, and soon to be four. He was with  Sora, and a tall slender girl called Pulya. Pula had a somewhat harsh way of speaking, but to Saku that was merely the way she sounded. Pulya words were actually very informative and to Saku helpful.

It was an early morning and Pulya was teaching Saku some fighting technique "no not quite like...swing your arm a little looser. If you keep punching like that, you're just going to cause injury"

"okay, so just relax the arm. So when I outstretch, I leave my arm slightly folded. Or not fully outstretched" he stretched his arm

"nearly" she then slightly twisted his arm "and there you go. Now you won't be complaining of an aching arm"

"okay, yeah. I get it" Saku thrust forward a few punches, slightly holding back his arm "it also  means, I can retract my arm quicker"

Saku then turned to her "okay, so that's punches. It's going to take a bit of adjusting too. I've not never considered controlling my blows. I guess...the same applies to kicks as well"

"well, naturally" said Pulya a little harshly "kicks are more powerful, but slower. You shouldn't rely on them as much"

"oh...okay got you" said Saku "hey, can we spar a little? It's all good in practise, but it's better in actual fighting" Pulya nodded and made dagger of ice extend from her hand

"very well...let us begin" Pulya then begin slashing at Saku. Saku avoided the blades, and as she sliced downwards, Saku jumped at her "sorry, not fast enough" she kneed Saku in the gut and threw him over her.

Saku flipped and landed rubbing his stomach "dam...I thought I had you. Well...let's try again" Saku ran at Pulya thrusting a few punches, then as Pulya ducked "now low kick" Pulya however jumped and with a spinning kick knocked him backwards "dam...again"

"You're merely experimenting aren't you?" said Pulya folded her arms "you're trying to guess what works"

"well...you said my fighting style...is too reserved. It's no good, shielding from injury...if I can't hit back. The best way to learn...is by diving in" Saku ran at her again to which she had  a small smile

"then come"

From the sidelines, Sora and Anaeus were watching. Sora looked quite annoyed "she's been too harsh on him Anaeus" Saku was yet again beaten back by Pulya "Saku isn't going to get anywhere like this"

"well...he must be learning something" said Anaeus "he doesn't look annoyed or angry. He just keeps going back"

"but...couldn't she merely show him how to get better?"

"That I would prefer" said Anaeus looking at Saku getting thrown again "Saku looks like the kind of guy, who'd benefit from a bit of direction. He must see something...different in her"

"yeah...must do"

Saku was the floor, breathing slightly heavily "dam...I got hit again"

"why don't we take a break? You don't get anywhere being tired" said Pulya as Saku got up "you are trying, I'll give you credit. But you need to think as well. Don't just think, you can hit me just because there's an opening. Try to think of what openings your giving away"