Chapter 16: An Uphill Challenge

It was only one day now before the next elimination match was due to begin. Saku was practicing in his Nova form with Anaeus teaching him on how to use his flames. Anaeus was teaching Saku how to manipulate the flames "I've gotta to say my methods of teaching you have been quite fruitful. You got it faster than I did " Saku had made an infinity symbol with his flames

"To be honest Anaeus" said Saku "I've had some...erm...past experience with fire before. So...it felt somewhat natural"

"do you mean actually using fire?"

"not quite in the same sense...but my aura powers share traits like that of fire. Do you remember when I triggered feral mode?"

"now that you mention..."

Anaeus thought back to that day "you were firing your energy blasts pretty randomly and whatever they hit, left red flames"

"speaking of feral mode, they hasn't reappeared since the elimination round" said Saku "I thought it had a random chance of appearing" Anaeus folded his arms

"The feral state does have a chance of coming out by accident. But as long as you remain calm the chances are somewhat small"

"Because I'm sure...it appear again at one point"

"hey, hey don't jinx it. For all you know it could come out" just then the familiar chimes of the speakers echoed through the air.

As everyone paused "greetings everyone. Director Zhao here, to tell you of the conditions of the next fight. Many of you have formed groups now, some few, some many. But I believe everyone should have a go at fighting. Those of you, not counting eliminations, you have yet to fight must participate in the next round. And as an extra condition if possible the captains must fight as well"

After a small audible coughs "To qualify to month three, November, you must accumulate three wins in the elimination round. Solo's must accumulate two wins. As a minor note, should you lose a match you lose a lifeline. I plan on really narrowing down the competition as the championship is not far away now. We'll keep going until only four participants, groups count as one participant, remain in the competition. So hope you make it to month three...and good luck"

Anaeus listened to Zhao and hid a small tinge of excitement "Only one month left...until we find him"

"you mentioned this gut feeling of yours" said Saku overhearing him "well if you're correct. This just means you have to make it through to the next round. Then rain or shine should you lose the next elimination round...you've still found him" Saku gave a trusty smile which Anaeus returned

"Thanks. Well...it looks your girlfriend is stepping up. She only just arrived"

"For my group it's Ellie and Mochi. Although technically it applies to Ayoko she's a substitute. The rules say, she only has to fight should a team-mate be unable to"

Anaeus appeared to breath out in relief "thank goodness for that. I know you're teaching Ayoko, but I don't think she's ready yet"

"I have to say though. The rate she thinks things up...is even faster than me" said Saku "I've been having Mochi practise with us. All Ayoko does is watch Mochi, and she can just copy it"

"you know...I'm beginning to wonder...if you're the fan she idolises so much" Saku tilted his head "Or at least someone similar to you"