Chapter 14: A Fun Day Out

It was the next morning, and at the champion ship academy...Xene was brooding "I just don't get it...how did Saku know about our plan?"

"you sound annoyed" said Jay "surely, even a moron, would've gathered I was hiding them from something"

"no...it was more than that. The path was set in stone, we should've acquired the girl...and gained a strong leverage in our plan" Xene folded his arms "yet, his every presence turned the path to dust"

"so what...has the plan diverted?"

"well...as of now no. Just on a detour"

"then why are you whining like a baby"

The sheer anger and fury in Xene's eyes, could ignite a small town and wipe it clean "if it was anyone...other than you...you'd be dead where you stand"

"why? Am I special case or something?" asked Jay

"none of your business. Well then, we proceed to stage two. Weakening the foundations.
During the elimination round, I will formally introduce our...helper. And plant worry and fear into the hearts of everyone"

"And...how do you plan to do that?"

"well...let's say...I have a way of...coaxing out a person's power" and Xene snickered while letting off a small evil chuckle.

Meanwhile, in a more happier tone, Saku and friends were travelling on their day out. Saku, Anastasia, Anaeus, Sora, Mochi and Ayoko were travelling on a coach bound for their destination. Their destination after some deliberation...was a giant shopping mall called the Superplex  Leisure centre. A place with many shops, an arcade and many other recreational facilities.

Anastasia, with Anaeus and Mochi were looking out the window watching the scenery go by. Saku was talking to Sora and Ayoko, Sora being very surprised by a fact Saku had stated "so...you were rank-less at one point too?"

"that's right...and I'm actually well known for it" said Saku laughing sheepishly "the youngest son of the Stritos family...rank-less"

"why...is your family really strong?" asked Ayoko. Saku found her question unusual but thought being young she may not have heard about the Stritos family

"I belong to the Stritos family. The Stritos family are world-renowned for its bio-duellists. So when I was rank-less...I was pretty much famous...for all the wrong reasons. Did you know my father...was an S-rank fighter?"

Both girls reacted with Sora then recovering "your father was an S-rank fighter?" she had a bright twinkle in her eye "that must've been so awesome"

"in his prime he was the strongest" said Saku "before...illness got the better of him" Saku's enthusiasm fell "but with help from my friends, and plenty of training, I'm now where I am" Ayoko found his comment inspiring

"so...do you think I can become a fighter too?"

"Of course you can" said Saku "and I'm going to help you" Ayoko looked surprised "you never know with some tutoring...we could coax some power out of you"

"but...I can't use my aura"

"and? Neither could I when I started. I'll start you off simple...and then we'll go one step at a time" Ayoko's expression then began to light up "I mean you are a substitute...you have to be ready" Ayoko then looked overjoyed with an open mouth.

Sora found Ayoko's expression welcoming "this is so great. I never imagine we'd be here now. I mean if we don't find Father...the time together has been great"