Chapter 6 Lingering Darkness

(The Option for Music is on this chapter. Begin at START. The track is King Dedede's Theme)

It was the early morning. Later in the morning, the first elimination match was due to begin. Only those with a win under their belts were allowed through, everyone else...was going home. Anaeus, and Saku were in Sora's room where Ayoko was still sleeping. Ayoko was Anaeus' and Sora's little sister who previously was thought to be with Mrs Ash. But she now slept soundly on Sora's bed.

Anaeus was slightly worried as Saku checked her over "is Ayoko really okay Saku? She's barely stirred since you found her yesterday"

"I'm no doctor" said Saku "but I checked her over. She hasn't a single injury on her body. And with Sora's help I checked everyway"

"why did you need Sora's help?" asked Anaeus

"she is a girl brother" said Sora a little annoyed "so try to work it out" Anaeus tapped his hand with his fist "But yeah like Saku said, we didn't even find a graze"

"her breathing is quiet but normal. She's not hot, or shivering. She's just soundly sleeping. She does stir from time-to-time, so she should wake up eventually"

Anaeus then tilted his head "so how come we don't get a real doctor? I mean I'm sure he or she can look at her"

"Yeah...why don't we?" said Sora liking the idea but Saku sighed

"because then...Ayoko won't be able to stay" Saku turned to them both "I... remembered...a rule here at this place. Only those competing...are allowed to remain here"

"Yeah...you're right" said Sora a little depressed "for anyone not competing...they go home"

"but for us..." said Anaeus "there's nowhere to go home too" Saku heard a deep sadness in Anaeus'

"well...for now we're fine" said Saku reassuringly "For now, she isn't waking up. And we can claim she's staying here for a little while. Don't worry...I'm not letting her go"

Anaeus and Sora looked very relieved as Saku spoke "as they say, we'll burn that bridge when we get to it. For now...I'd better get ready...the elimination round starts soon"

"well...I'm better off staying here" said Anaeus "I know I'll miss the matches...but at least I can watch over Ayoko"

"are you sure brother?" said Sora "I could watch her"

"to be honest...I could do with a bit more sleep" said Anaeus yawning "one more day...and I'll be fine"

"you sleep any more, and you'll fall in a coma" said Saku jokingly "well, I'll see you later"

"Saku" said Anaeus "good luck out there" Saku heard a tone of worry "I'll be waiting on the good news" Saku gave a thumbs up and with that he left.

Saku and Sora arrived in the main training hall where many competitors had gathered. Saku noticed the training hall's, soft floor was split into thirds by different colours. The colours being, yellow, red and white. Saku looked at the number of people "more than I expected. I'd thought more would've gone through" just then the familiar chime echoed

"greetings everyone. Zhao here...now listen carefully. Today is elimination day. Only those who have won a match...are staying. Anyone, no matter the lifelines, who loses go home"

"so...it pretty much as he said...it's elimination day" said Sora.

Zhao cleared his voice, over the speaker, before talking "now...you have been pitted against opponents accordingly. Now for the list of fights" all around the training hall, on the walls, were holographic boards displaying the names of fighters. It displayed who was fighting who, where and when "you have been designated a position slot and colour zone. You are attend to that place, when you're needed...and for easier access just tap your glove, or sash, and you'll see when and where you fight"