Chapter 28: High Price...but no Return

It was only a day before the elimination day. For most it was day of excitement for the thrill of the matches ahead but majorly it was worry or nervousness as like the rest of the matches the elimination meant many had to go home. For one group, of individuals, worry dominated them too but because of a different reason entirely.

It was late morning as Logan, with Suzuna and Anastasia waited outside Saku's room. Logan and Suzuna had notable expressions of worry while Anastasia more curiosity "I wonder if he really is still just as bad"

"He's really hit hard by this" said Logan "according to Anaeus, he's barely moved in three days"

"and even when he does move" said Suzuna sounding worried "Master's body is weak and tired. Probably from all the darkness that was released from his body"

"I still don't understand fully what happened"

 Logan recalled the event where Ayoko struck Saku "where, and when, Ayoko struck him, all this black gunk just poured out of him. If that was water it'd be enough to fill a well"

"the question is though, will Saku come back from this" said Anastasia curiously "but I'd like to know what angered him so much" just then the door opened to which Pulya came out. Both Suzuna and Anaeus were waiting with baited breath

"well Pulya...anything?" asked Suzuna but Pulya looked at them with a depressed face, and shook her head.

Both Suzuna and Logan looked a bit depressed "the fire in Saku is now a mere cinder" said Pulya "he remembers quite a bit of the fight and  feels quite ashamed"

"So...he still hasn't moved then" this came from Ellie who had come from Sora's room "this means we may have to consider leaving him here tomorrow"

"How's Anaeus and Mochi?" asked Pulya

"they're fine. Anaeus is doing his best to keep Mochi occupied. What about Sora and Ayoko?"

"they're staying with Saku right now" said Logan "he needs the support right now"

"I'd just like to know what he was angry about" said Anastasia as she folded her arms "How could've possibly triggered it?" as she thought she felt a strange urge to find out "I'm going to go see him, excuse me" without waiting for permission Anastasia went into Saku's room.

As she shut the door she saw Sora making some tea, while Ayoko sat with a slump Saku on the bed. Saku looked very tired and exhausted as if he could just fall asleep in an instant. Sora turned round at the sound of the door closing "Anastasia...what are you doing here?"

"I need to ask Saku a question, so excuse me" Anastasia marched over to Saku "now then Saku, I have something to ask you" Saku slowly looked up to her, as if he barely had any strength

"What...is it?" he replied weakly

"I have to know. What exactly made you so angry? This has been bugging me now, and I have to know"

"It was...Hidan"

Anastasia looked a bit surprised at his answer "Hidan is the reason? Surely not"

"Hidan...is the reason" said Saku "he said some...things which...made me...angry"

"why...what he say?"

"he said it was...my fault she...didn't make it" while Sora and Ayoko wondered what he meant Anastasia knew

"so...he mocked her?" Saku nodded "Saku, are you sure you're telling the truth? I mean Hidan seems alright to me"

Ayoko reacted this time "Hidan is not alright Ana. He feels...evil"