Chapter 7: Lingering Darkness - Unleashed! (M)

It was the first elimination day. Only those with a win would be allowed to progress. Everyone gathered in the training halls to keep their place and continue the championship. Kai of Anaeus' team easily triumphed over his opponent. Ellie, who at first looked unwillingly, easily triumphed over her opponent with a little encouragement from Saku.

It was then Pulya's turn against Brock, the ideal image of an army soldier. Brock proves a powerful opponent easily dodging and smashing through Pulya's ice defences. Brock smashed Pulya hard in the chest inflicting immense pain onto Pulya. Pulya knew the pain would eventually become too much, in one last move she donned a metal suit of metal legging and arms.

Then wielding her ice powers and a BFG (Big Flipping Gun) she surrounded Brock in ice bullets, then ice shards, then a tornado finishing with a strong kick beating Brock. Then it was a cocky' young man's turn by the name of Drake. Drake looked ready to fight against his opponent...with a word of advice in mind. "if the fight should become boring. Speak these words...and you'll have the fight of your life"

Drake readied himself with the one forethought. He remembered if things should go stale...to speak the words he had being told. He thought best to wear Saku down first...before speaking the words "Well Saku, let's get this over with. I'd rather skip the warm-up so just go for it"

"you quite upfront about this" said Saku "Not in the mood for light exercise"

"nope, that's for pansies. What better way to prove your strength...then to go head-on

"if you say so. I hope you don't regret it"

"that's my line dude"

Then they both charged. Saku swung a fist out which Drake evaded and struck Saku in his gut. He then swung several fists and sent Saku back with a strong kick through the air. Drake chased after him but to his surprise Saku flipped, and sprung back at Drake with a surprise left hook to Drake face. Saku then hit Drake with several round-house kicks before pressing his hand in Drake's gut, sending Drake through the air.

 Drake used his feet, to stop his flight. Drake did come to stop but staggered forwards. Saku was already running towards Drake with a glowing fist, Drake was also running Saku with a glowing fist. The two reached over, and struck with powerful thrusts. Pulya watched as Drake was about to hit Saku's fist "this is going to hurt" said Drake slightly adjusting his aim "but I want this over and done with" Drake and Saku's punches collided with each other's faces hitting each other hard.

Both Saku and Drake were sent tumbling by the clash. They both stopped after the same distance both rubbing their faces. Pulya crossed her arms "Drake purposefully let Saku hit him. So both are already  high on damage"

"I guess that Drake just wants to get it done" said Ellie while Drake was smirking

"ow, ow...if you had punched any harder...my jaw would've broken. You pansy"

"the same here" said Saku rubbing his cheek "you look so strong...and yet I'm fine" Drake then laughed

"oh, oh you are full of it. Interested in joining my gang" he then pointed to himself with his thumb "where I'm from, I'm Drake, the demon, malkovich. I'm the toughest fighter at the academy and I only recruit the strongest fighters. So feel honoured I'm even asking"

"thanks but no thanks" said Saku "I'm more of my own boss. That...and it looks like you haven't showered in a month"

"ohhh...you have moxie. You snarky git. Now let just get this over with" Drake crouched down slightly and began charging his energy to which he was surrounding by a brown aura.

Quills of Drake's hair stuck out like needles. His nails extended slightly while his body produced a brown thick vapour. Drake then looked at Saku with slit like eyes "there we go..." Drake's show his somewhat sharp canines "that's the rush I always enjoy in a fight. One pain...and two the rush off power" Drake then leaned down to balance on one hand and his two feet "now...show me yours" Saku held out his hand producing the brave tuner