Chapter 38: The Power of Perfection

Saku now stands in the re-modelled Gym, ready to fight Jay. The duel was a special one, with no limit and no injury shield. Which means, in a normal duel the duel automatically end when a fighter has reached over 90% of their pain threshold. In this case, no damage threshold limit was applied. And without an injury shield, cuts, bruises and blood were to be seen. Saku has fought Jay several times before, but Jay's arrogance led him to hold back both times. However...no more.

Jay and Saku wait for a VR countdown to hit Zero. Xene watches the fight on his cinema screen, and Saku's friends from the protective plant barrier Anastasia has covered them in. Everyone watches with great worry as the countdown rolls down to Zero. Sora the most worried "Saku...please be careful" then as it hit zero the battle began.

Jay smirked "this'll be over in ten seconds" Jay then ran forward with Saku ready to defend himself. Jay thrust a punch forward, which Saku blocked his arm bent to cushion the impact. Jay began thrust more punches forward but Saku was blocking all of his attack until he swung a wide kick to which Saku jumped backwards to avoid him. Jay ran after him, with an electric palm "at the ready and this fight is over!" but as Saku landed he immediately went down, and used a back-roll to carry Jay with his feet.

As Saku finished his roll, he sprung up his feet to fling Jay through the air. Jay managed to recover and land on his feet but he immediately had to shield his body from an energy blast which pushed him backwards. Jay managed to deflect it away but wasn't prepare for Saku who approached him and struck him in the face with a strong punch. 

Jay was sent backwards but with a couple backwards rolls he managed to get to his feet.

Jay stood up and rubbed his face looking quite irked "Jay, I think it's about time you stopped playing around" said Saku still looking determined

"I don't see why I should stoop so low to fight you" said Jay

"Because otherwise I'll you'll be losing to a nobody, who you deem pathetic" Jay looked quite annoyed "so suck It up and fight seriously" Saku ran forward and began attacking Jay.

Saku began attacking Jay with several kicks and punches. Jay did deflect his attacks away, and as he tries shooting a bolt of lightning, Saku swayed out of the way and once again struck Jay in his gut. With several attacks, Saku delivered one attack after the next to Jay's body without pause. Then grabbing his arm, he threw Jay over himself shooting a beam of energy at Jay to which he landed on the ground in a clump.

Jay got up, his white shirt a little tattered, looking quite irked "you've...definitely improved since that first day I knocked you senseless. I'm actually surprise how you progressed in only three months"

"knock it off with the flattery" said Saku getting to his feet "and start fighting a bit more seriously" Jay flexed his hands, and rippled of electricity surged along it

"If I must. If that is what you really wish...bring it!" Saku then ran forward.

Saku ran forward and jumped at Jay with a punch thrusting forward. Jay thrust a hand forward producing a plasma barrier to block his punch. Jay then clenched his hand as he pointed it at Saku "you'd better start picking it up...Saku" Jay then flicked his hand blasting Saku backwards with a bolt of lightning. Saku was sent into the air by the bolt of lightning, then Jay with a downwards swish of his hand pelted Saku with a strong stream of water smashing him into the ground.

Saku clothes were somewhat burnt by lightning bolt, but he himself was shrugging off the hit. Saku then reacted, looked up and rolled out of the way as Jay shot a bolt of lightning. Saku continued rolling, until Jay landed running after him. Saku looked ready to defend himself while Jay thrust forward a torrent of water which Saku swayed to dodge. Jay then did a backwards swish with his hand, bringing the torrent of water back, hitting Saku in the back sending him forward.