Chapter 21: Gentle...like the Snow

It was now only nineteen days remaining until the next elimination round of the competition. The amount of competitors were beginning to wear down as the days continued on in their perpetual motion. Saku's and Anaeus' group looked the strongest, as neither team has lost a single fight as of yet.  And all of them are improving every day. Saku's moral, since his feral outburst, was now back up and high...but Anastasia's was now rather...undetermined.

Anastasia was having tea, on her own, mulling over words that Hidan had spoken to her before "while it's true Saku may like someone else...you're the one that Saku loves correct? So there's no need for you to feel, at all, worried. I mean that Saku shouldn't fall for anyone else"

"Why can't I stop worrying about that?" said Anastasia "and why did his words worry me so? Am I...beginning to get scared that Saku...may go for someone else? Me and Saku have been through so much together...through thick and think. And we accept each other...yet do I worry so much?"

Anastasia began thinking about Saku with the others "Saku and Sora get along so well together. It's almost as if their hearts are one and the same. Pulya words are harsh, and her attitude cold...yet Saku continues to plough through" a flash back of Saku appeared

"it's like...there's something behind her words. Something...I can't explain"

"what is it he sees in her? And Suzuna as well. He trains Suzuna with great passion, who she herself has begun to respond to. Is he really just trying to be a good master? And Ellie...is so close to him"

Anastasia called back to the times "Ellie and Saku get along so well...and personality wise....they're good for each other. Saku is a kind and honest guy, which Ellie seems to enjoy most. And Ellie is so sweet and gentle...and she makes Saku feel so happy" Anastasia had a worried look on her face "maybe...I'm just...overthinking things" just then a knock

"Anastasia..." it was Saku's voice "you in there?"

Saku then opened the door "hey Anastasia...there you are. I was looking for you. And I thought this would be the first place I'd find you"

"you...you were?" said Anastasia surprised

"well...yeah. I haven't seen much of me lately...so I wanted to come see you"

"You have been busy with everything lately? You have a team to look after, a student to train and you to train yourself. So the time for just us two...is a bit small"

"then why don't we spend time together now then?"

Anastasia looked a bit surprised "what...what do you mean?"

"since we've been here" said Saku sitting down next to Anastasia "we haven't had much time to ourselves"

"but...haven't you got training today?"

"nope, nothing today. Apart from an evening-time excursion I've got planned later today, I'm completely free"

"then...we can spend time together?" Anastasia sounded almost excitable

"of course. Whatever you want to do"

Anastasia was in thought "oh...but I wasn't prepared...I mean"

"I'll give you five minutes to think" said Saku "I'll just take a quick shower. I'm a bit sweaty, so I'll go clean up. I'll be back in a little bit" Saku left Anastasia to think. Anastasia looked as if a small weight had been taken away from her

"Was I...really worried for nothing? I mean why would Saku say that if he didn't care? Well I should start thinking of things to do" Anastasia put her hand to her chin "Hmmm...maybe...yeah. I'm sure he'll like that...and then we can...yeah" Anastasia nodded her head with satisfaction "yeah...today will be a good day"