Chapter 20: Guiding Words

(There's a music track to go with this chapter. Begin at START and stop at END. Play the music in the mulitmedia or play the track alongside the video. The Track is called Atelier Rorona : Cyclone

It was just over three weeks, 23 days, until the 4rd elimination round.  Saku had just about recovered from his 'feral' outburst and was in the middle of training Suzuna. He had taught Suzuna a new way of using her abilities but she seemed very unused to good comments. It was then that Ryuu came in and said training others is pointless...and Sora not tolerating his comment challenged him to a bio duel. Saku and friends, with Suzuna and Hidan, begin to watch the fight unfold.

Sora had prepared her dual aura sword and Ryuu hands rippled with lightning. Sora was the first to engage, slashing with her dual sword at Ryuu. Ryuu just simply evaded her sword strikes, swaying and jumping out of the way "I thought you've been taught by the best" mocked Ryuu as dodged and thrust his hand forward "because so far...you're lying" he hit Sora with a bolt of lightning sending backwards, stood up, along the ground.

Ryuu saw the lightning slightly ripple along Sora's body, and her body stagger from the shock "let's keep it going" Ryuu jumped at Sora with a clenched sparking hand "time for another shock to add to your system" Sora however looked up and blocked his attack with her weapon

"Oh no you don't" Sora deflected him off away and ran back him.

Ryuu using his electric fizzling hands, block Sora's aura blades every time "I'd have thought I'd get a bit more of a challenge than this" Ryuu then struck Sora in the stomach "but then again my hopes weren't exactly high" Ryuu struck her twice more and with a kick sent her backwards through the air. Sora was able to flip and land on her feet

"Dam...I won't lose here" Sora ran forward, and fired a few energy blasts at Ryuu who blocked them with his lightning. Sora then jumped, spun her sword, and struck downs at Ryuu. Ryuu however crossed his arms, then spread his body making a plasma like shockwave. This blast Sora backwards, making land on the floor with a thump.

From the sidelines her friends watched on "it appears to me Ryuu has the advantage" said Hidan "that much is clear from watching them"

"Sora is doing her best" said Ellie "but Ryuu is just in command"

"It's due to experience more than anything" said Saku with his arms folded "It's clear Ryuu has been training much longer than Sora has"

"Yes you're right Master" said Suzuna watching them "Ryuu is anticipating Sora's movements and wearing her down using minimal energy consumption keeping himself one step ahead"

"plus it doesn't help that Ryuu is a lightning user. Lightning, arguably, is the strongest element due to its versatility"

Ayoko looked up to Saku with a confused face "versatility? What does...that mean?"

"versatility, also adaptability, is the several uses one thing can be used for" said Suzuna "lightning can be used from long or short range. It can also empower ones' body as well, and be used as a static shield. It can be used in any kind of situation"

"oh...okay I get it" said Ayoko "so...can Sora do anything against Ryuu?"

"yes she can" said Saku "and I'll show you"

Sora was at this point standing ready, lightning mildly fizzling round her body "You'd best give it up now Sora" said Ryuu smugly "I've barely begun to warm up and so far you haven't land one blow yet"

"he's...he's right" said  Sora sounding unconfident "I can't seem to touch him"

"Sora...Sora" Sora turned to Saku who approached the sideline "do you know the funny thing with dual-weapons...it means they are capable of performing simultaneous tasks" Sora looked at her dual-blades "fight so it feels naturally while using your weapon appropriately"  Sora then stood up straight and twirling her sword put it to her side