Chapter 25: The Mark of a bond

The 3rd elimination match was now drawing nearer and nearer. With now an only a modest ten days before the elimination day. It was the very early morning, with the night still set in full. As usual everyone was asleep...all except one who once again stirred from her slumber.

Ayoko has awakened prematurely yet again, and rose up in her bed with Sora's room. Ayoko in her PJ's of bottoms and a shirt,  looked round to Mochi, Anastasia and Sora all sleeping quietly in their beds "ahhh...again" said Ayoko quietly and annoyed "I might as well just stay in his room. I'd better just be quiet" silently Ayoko climbed out of the bed, and quietly snuck out of the room.

After making her way to Saku's room, and quietly closed the door. Anaeus was lightly snoring, his arms and leg stuck out of his duvet.  Saku was sleeping now and still in his bed, on his side facing the wall. Ayoko quietly climbed onto Saku's bed, by his side but found a little surprise "oh...I guess...he's getting used to this" between Saku and the wall was a blanket and pillow.

Ayoko not saying no, rested on the pillow, and put the blanket over herself getting herself quickly comfortable "hey...Saku" she said quietly to him as he slept "do you...what I really wish sometimes...that I could meet my Father. I never even got to meet him, or knew what he looked like"

Ayoko then smiled "but then I say, maybe he was like you. Really strong, but kind to everyone. So do you know the funny thing...I just imagine an older you. Just playing together and everything, I hope we can...stay together" and with that Ayoko settled down. As she did, she felt Saku put an arm on her. Ayoko smiled and quickly went to sleep. As for Saku though...he was once again in the secluded world.

Saku saw the dark dull world of the abandoned village around him "I'm here again...in this gloomy village. This is my 3rd visit now, and I can't help but feel now somewhat familiar with this place.  Yet why do I not foreign to this place? Almost as if, I had stayed here at one point. Although compared to last time, the word doesn't feel so dead...but...it now really does feel wrong"

There were many uniformed men, with batons or stun guns, patrolling throughout the entire village. These men looked to be constantly searching as they scanned the alleyways with flashlights,  or let their bull dogs constantly tug them around the area. Other men would hammer in boards on windows, or drive around in cars patrolling the roads.

Saku felt a bit strange at first, standing in his PJ's, looking around all the men. However he soon calmed down as, like before, he would just pass right through them as if he didn't exist. As Saku began to wonder why all the security, suddenly "Attention, Attention Curfew is now in place" the voice sounded like it came from a speaker "You are ordered to remain in your homes. Anyone caught outside, will be captured and interrogated" Saku now felt something very wrong

"just what is wrong with this place? Sure Curfews are good for security...but this just feels like a prison" he could also hear the scared whimpers of children from nearby houses "I'd rather...just find the bungalow" ignoring the whimpers he ran on.

As Saku approached the bungalow, the door opened with an arm gesturing him in "quick in here" Saku ran inside the house with the door closed behind him. Saku turned round to see the woman, with purple and brown hair now in plait, bolting the door shut "if my calculations and predictions are correct, you should be now within the kitchen correct?"

"you...predicted I'd be here?" said Saku looking puzzled "what are you psychic or something?" the lady then reacted and turned round.

The Woman looked to be in her early thirties with red eyes. She wore an unbuttoned white shirt over a purple dress, down to her knees with black heeled shoes. Her eyes were scanning the room "umm...hello?" said Saku making her react "can you hear me?"