Chapter 8: Friendly Support

It was a slightly shaky time at the championships. It was now the second month and the competition had severely dwindled due to the elimination. What else had dwindled...was the confidence of Saku. Saku had fought against Drake, who upon hearing a note of advice, sort to increase the anger of Saku. However as Drake spoke those words...everyone realised just how strong his anger was.

Saku anger, was immensely strong, so much so it created a tuner...called the Feral State. According to Anaeus while the form enhances reflexes...it rids the user of their mentality. Meaning, with only instinct they turn into a mindless and violent animal. Sora and Ellie, after some difficulty, managed to calm Saku down. And now Saku was resting, shaken by the event.

It was now the afternoon...and the atmosphere for one...was dense and heavy. Saku was sat on his bed, with his palm held out. Floating above his palm was the light, with two swords crossed, the brave tuner. And a dark light, with a red Y like imprint, the feral state "I thought...I had gotten better. But I guess...as much as I want to...I can't erase it" Saku let his hand drop "what's going to happen...if no-one is there...to stop me" outside the room was Ellie and Sora who were listening through the slightly open door

"he's really down about this...isn't it?" said Ellie a little concerned

"yeah he is" said Sora "and it sounds like...this has happened before" Sora then looked depressed "I never knew...about it"

"no-one could have known about it" said Ellie "but..." she called back to the event "I never want to see that again" Sora saw Ellie's body tremble "never again"

 Sora wanted to ask the obvious question 'what did you see?' but saw it would be a bad time "Well...what do we do now?" said Sora changing the subject "Anaeus has been trying...but Saku is just sitting there"

"his confidence is just shaken that's all" said Ellie looking happier "as you heard him, he's just worried. Let me ask you, since you seem know about it. Is the feral state really as bad is that?"

"well..." said Sora folding her arms "not as extreme. It's better off that Saku hears this...but first we need to cheer him up" Ellie then winked

"you just leave him to me" she said "right now, he just needs to know we're here. Plus, boys like him...warm up to girls like us rather easily" Sora chuckled a bit  "go, on I'll join you in your room in a few minutes"

"okay" with that Sora left.

Ellie first knocked on the door "Saku...I'm coming in" Saku turned to see Ellie

"oh Ellie..." said Saku a little quietly "hi there" she gently smiled "what brings you here?" she walked to Saku

"I just came to check up on my captain. I am part of your team after all" Saku seemed somewhat surprised

"you are?"

"yep" she stood proudly "starting today, I Ellie Raygor" she then punched her palm "am on your team"

"that makes you...member number 5 then" said Saku before hanging his head

"it's a good thing I came after all"

Ellie then proceeded to sit next to him "now come on and talk to me. What happened yesterday is still really eating you isn't it?" Saku gave a brief nod "tell me...why specifically?"

"well..." said Saku slowly "I'm just...worried that's all. That isn't...the first time I've lost it. So...I'm worried I'll lose it again"

"So...everyone has a little fire buried inside them" said Ellie "you should see me, when there's only one chocolate apple left" Saku turned to her "from the sounds of things, what that Drake said really upset you. So it's only natural you're going to lose it"