Chapter 39: A Reason To Fight (M)

(The Music is on. Simply begin at START. There's no end this time. Read at your own pace. If you can't play the track in the window play find this track. Naruto Shippuden : Finding Answers Extended)

Saku was continuing his fight again Jay...who now reveals his full power. Jay is bathed within an evil aura of black and dark red. That soon made it clear how strong Jay actually was. Saku seeing he wasn't getting anywhere...was using his tuner power and charged in at Jay using the brave tuner.

Saku charged in with improved speed, while Jay just spread his arm which became coated with electric energy. Then as Saku sliced with his aura-blade Jay simply used his electric charged arm to block his blade. Saku continued twirling and slashing with his aura-blade but Jay just continued to block him until he caught the blade with his bare hand. Jay then thrust an arm at Saku's chest shocking him with an intense stream of lightning which carried him off the ground.

Saku state had worn off as he got to his feet "that...didn't work whatsoever. I couldn't even get close to him. All right tuner number two" Saku closed his hand around the orange tuner appearing in his nova form

"again?" said Jay sighing "and a form that relies mostly on fire? Umm, hellllooo? I do have the ability to use water you know"

"Then use it"

Saku guiding streams of flames which he launched at Jay. Jay then with simple swishes of his hand, began summoning walls of water to block the flames. Jay then began twirling his arm in a horizontal circle to which a tornado of flames began to swirl around him. Saku then thrust his arm forward surrounding Jay in the fire tornado. Jay then sighed with an upwards rise of water, he summoned a vast upwards surge of water dousing all the flames.

Jay looked quite bored indeed "Jeez that was simple" then suddenly through the flames Saku appeared

"I'm not giving up Jay" said Saku thrusting a punch forward. Jay crossed his arms to block the attack, but the force of it was strong sending Jay skidding backwards. Saku ran after him, striking out powerful punches and kicks with increased force. Jay took one blow after the other, until jay jumped backwards and slammed his hands down to the ground summoning a wave of water. The wave of water hit him like a ton of bricks, an oddly began to burn his body as it carried him back to the other side of the room.

Saku's form once again defuses, steam rising from his body. Saku's friends were wearing worried expressions "I don't like this" said Anaeus "Saku isn't even landing a single blow to Jay"

"Saku still has some forms left" said Sora trying to sound brave "surely one of them could give him the edge"

"I hope you're right Sora" said Anastasia looking worried herself "look he's back up again" Saku was back up but looking rather shaken.

Saku whole body was stinging "I forget...in Nova form...my whole body becomes akin to fire. So water...is a no-no" Saku produced the tuners once again "I can't give up yet, not when I still have some strength left" Saku closed his hand on the blue tuner appearing in his frigid cold state. Jay looked at him

"now this one I haven't seen" said Jay "but I'm still not impressed" Saku then put his hands together and produced a sphere of energy "Really...you're going to try that?" Saku fired a beam forward at Jay "huh...borrriiinnggg" Jay simply tilted his body to the side to avoid the beam but Saku then grinned.

Saku's ice prisms extended from his back and glowed blue to which running past Jay caught up with his energy attack and kicked it back at Jay. Jay saw it coming "a redirection huh?" Jay deflected it away but Saku once again caught up with it and kicked it back at Jay. Jay continued avoiding the accelerating beam of energy, until it shot past him. Saku appeared just as it shot past him "Setsuna...Booster!" Saku kicked the beam back at Jay scoring a direct hit.