Chapter 12: Unknown Dark Plans

It was now half-way through of the second month of the world bio-duelling world championship competition. Eliminations were slowly, but steadily becoming a reality amongst the participants. Two groups, however, weren't too concerned. They would train on a daily basis, steadily growing stronger and better as each day passed. The groups were captained by Saku and Anaeus.

Saku had a full group, while Anaeus was in a group of three. The two were just casually conversing with sports drinks in hand "so...have you given a name to that silver tuner of yours?" asked Anaeus

"umm...I guess the aura overdrive" said Saku thinking on the spot "because of how it exploded when I used it"

"yeah I remember. You produced this football sized energy ball and suddenly Pulya told us to push you. It took all three of us just to stop you"

"for now I'm not using it. Not until I've got a better grasp over my aura power"

"ah okay to that my friend"

Anaeus took a big drink from it "ahhhh....that's good stuff. Well for now you're good with the brave tuner"

"I know, but I wouldn't mind a new one I can use" said Saku "you know like your fire for example"

"maybe you'll gain it in a while Saku...or you may gain your girlfriend's earth power"

"I already have it...to a degree Anaeus. You just haven't seen it yet"

"something to look forward to them"

The two turned a corner "well Saku" said Anaeus "how's Ayoko being with you? She hasn't been causing trouble has she"

"no of course not" said Saku "she's quite friendly and Anastasia seems to really like her"

"so...I really don't have anything to worry about" said Anaeus with a smile "it's so strange how friendly she is with you. I haven't seen anything like it"

"maybe...she just feels comfortable around me"

"no...it's something else" Saku turned to Anaeus as he thought with his arms folded "I can't put my finger on it but there's something about you which eases Ayoko's worries"

"well regardless, just know she's alright with me" Saku saw a smile on Anaeus, one that looked...strangely new

Anaeus nodded his head "Thanks a lot Saku. It's nice to know Ayoko is in good hands. It eases my worries, as well as Sora's"

"Anaeus, can I ask you something? About Ayoko? How come Ayoko isn't an aura-fighter like you and Sora?" Anaeus coughed as he drunk his juice and then looked indirectly at Saku

"well...we never actually...trained her" said Anaeus looking at the carpet

"are you sure that's the reason?" said Saku looking a bit puzzled "cause I think she may have great potential"

"what makes you say that?" said Anaeus not expecting his comment

"Call it...instinct" Saku could see an odd smile on Anaeus' face. Why does that smile...look forced?

Saku then had another thought. If Ayoko was the one who granted the power of the aura overdrive to Saku then this arose the question, why can't I sense any power from her? He thought to himself. Saku put the thought to one side "well, how about we get to training hall for some practise?

"yeah if you like. We keep trying but we keep getting interrupted" Anaeus chuckled "Let's see if today is any better"

"yeah...let's hope so" as the two laughed...Xene was watching.