Chapter 31: A Sign of Recovery

Saku was walking through dead brown grass, each step followed by a crunching sound. His footsteps, were a bit unsteady as he wobbled slightly as he walked. The world was dull, and the world was mostly void of life...well civilian life. He could feel dogs barking, people constantly marching round and the hum of vehicle which drove pass him several times. Yet no-one could see...as he made his somewhat lonely walk through the becoming familiar world.

Saku was for the third time in the secluded world. Saku was becoming used to the area, knowing which way to go and corners to turn "I'm starting to...get bored of this. Being dragged to this place whenever I sleep. Why do I keep coming here? And I know I said this place was familiar before, but now I'm certain I've never been in life"

Saku was approaching the semi-lit bungalow but to Saku it looked odd "Something feels...off about it this time. Although I don't know what" Saku approached the window, and squinted through "there's...no-one in there. In-fact...I don't really feel the presence of anyone" the door opened

"then what am I then?" said Ms Ash peeping out

"sorry. I'm coming in" Saku staggered a little inside as Ms Ash shut the door.

Ms Ash firmly locked the door as Saku sat on a nearby wooden chair, while Ms ash walked towards him "you don't look too brilliant do you?"

"oh...you can see me this time?" asked Saku

"yes...and No. It'll take too long to explain. Now then, this is the second to your last visit. Because soon...I won't be here anymore"

"I don't blame you for moving out...it is pretty dismal here"

"to he be honest, it wouldn't matter where I went. It'd be the same, where ever I go" Saku felt a bit lost

"what...do you mean? This place feels like a prison. People trapped in their homes, and heavy's and dogs patrolling all the streets! Surely it's got to be better somewhere else"

Ms Ash remained silent. Her expression looked troubled and depressed "Ms...Ash? What's the matter?" asked Saku

"Believe when I say, I will tell you everything on your next visit" said Ms Ash "but let's return to the matter at hand. Your visit here, is to remind you of what I have told you"

"Okay. If I remember a dark evil has engulfed this place, and by you sending Ayoko, Anaeus and Sora to my place you hope to prevent the evil from spreading"

"that is correct. And I can tell...things are already changing"

"changing?"

Ms Ash shook her head "I'm talking to myself there, please disregard the comment. Now judging by your body condition...you are quite tired"

"yes...that's right" said Saku sounding quiet "my body has had all of its darkness purged by Ayoko"

"by...Ayoko? Please describe" Saku looked a bit unpleasant "I'd...like to know" Saku sighed as he spoke

"my feral state had reach the strongest stage. I was a walking behemoth with four arms. I literally swatted everyone away until Ayoko, bathed in white light, struck my chest. And from where she struck a fountain of black just flooded out from where Ayoko struck, into the sky.  Now...my body feels fairly weak and light, while my aura is pure white"

"that's why you look so tired"

Ms Ash had crossed her arms "Ayoko...awoke to her power. Just like I thought she would. And her pure energy, rid your body of the tainted energy"