Chapter 9: A Sight of True Darkness (M)

Eternal Courage 2

Chapter 8

Bottomless Evil

(Chapter with optional Music. Simply begin at START and stop at END. The Track can be used twice this time. For those who can't access the track, play Tales of Vesperia Yeager's theme)

It had been a couple of days since Saku's fifth member Mochi had arrived at the championship. Mochi was Saku's youngest sister and an energetic young girl. She also seemed to brim with enthusiasm and is always looking positive. Her attitude had brought Saku out from his slump. Saku was now smiling and being rather upbeat...but he still had fears lingering in his heart.

Saku and Mochi together, were training against Pulya. They were perfecting their evasion skills and reflexes as they dodged ice spires, and evaded sniper fire all trying to get a hit on Pulya. Mochi was running forward with a bawled fist approaching Pulya but she found an ice spear rise up to block her "Dam...I missed again"

"you might be fast..." said Pulya from behind the spire "but your instincts need work" she then made a square ice section extrude knocking Mochi backwards who slid on the frosty ground "ouch...that hurt. What am I doing wrong Saku?"

"while you might be fast, you're not anticipating how Pulya might strike" said Saku

"oh...okay I get it...but doing it might be different"

"trust me...I'm still learning" just then "hey look out" they separated to avoid a sniper bullet "let's strike together"

From the sidelines Anaeus and Pulya were watching. Anaeus heard Pulya speak a little coldly to them "Saku you're not being thorough enough, stop holding back. Either you start letting it all out, or you might as well just walk home. And Mochi, think of what I might do" Anaeus sighed

"there she goes again. Being as cold as ever" said Anaeus "She's been a little lighter on Mochi, but she remains hard as nails on Saku. She's keeps telling him off...yet Saku is trying his best"

"oh...I don't know" said Ellie folding her arms "I think Pulya has it square on the head" Anaeus wondered "just watch"

Saku was running towards Pulya who had formed many pillars of ice "that won't work this time" Saku put his hands to the side, and was ready to form energy

"I know what you're planning" said Pulya with two fingers out "but that won't work" she then made horizontal waves with her hand. Then with a flick of her hand the ice pillars divided into varied sizeable fragments all fired at Saku

"Saku. You can't fire at those" said Mochi "there's too many" Saku stopped charging energy

"then I'll smash them" Saku pointed his palm up producing the brave tuner "time to use it" but he then saw the feral tuner. Saku's hand shook as he looked at it...until he stopped and dropped his hand

"hey....head's up!" called Ellie beckoning to Saku to only just narrowly block the ice fragments with his body, causing him to be knocked backwards.

Saku hit the ground, somewhat pummelled by the ice fragments. Mochi ran over "hey Big Brother...are you okay?"

"yeah I'm fine" said Saku standing but Pulya approached. Pulya folded her arms and scowled making him hang his head

"why didn't you use your power?" asked Pulya annoyed "if you had used the brave tuner you could've easily smashed those ice shards"

"I know...but" said Saku "I might've..."

"if you continue to let your fear drag you down, that you'll never move forward. Every power comes with a risk...but that gives you no reason to be a coward"