Chapter 23: White Emergence - The Second (M)

Part 2 of 2

(A music track will play to this chapter. Play it in the multimedia window at START and END at stop. Or simply play the following track alongside it "Sonic Colors Final Boss Phase 2")

Today was a free day at the academy where one's family are invited for the day. To Saku's it was Aries and Lexi who came. Aries quickly showed her demonic side, as Lexi and Saku showed their bitter rivalry. Ellie had also gone to pick up Shiro, who seemed to be worried about Ellie. Shiro is then offered a chance to be on her team, by Xene without realising who Xene was. And now Shiro has challenged Ayoko to a duel

Everyone looked surprised by his sudden announcement especially Ayoko "you want to...challenge me?"

"Shiroken, you can't challenge her" said Ellie "you're not a participant here" Shiro then displayed his glove "where did...you get that?"

"Does it matter?" said Shiro "with this glove I am fully legal, and since I issued a challenge...Ayoko can't refuse"

Lexi was the first to respond "What do you mean she can't refuse?" said Lexi a bit perturbed "surely she's entitled to say no"

"Not...really Lexi" said Saku looking a bit nervous "you see every month the rules and regulations differ slightly here at the championship. And the condition for this month is as follows"

"Anyone challenged..." said Anaeus not visibly worried "not may refuse, unless injured, ill or due to a matter of very great importance"

"And from what I can see" said Shiro casually "none of the above applies"

Ellie tried to stop Shiro "but Shiro...she hasn't fought in a battle before" said Ellie "and she hasn't got much training either"

"then this'll be her first" said Shiro "Whether she's skilled or not, she has to show she can fight for her team" Ayoko was listening "I mean after all, why would the captain recruit her if she wasn't capable of anything? Because he believed in her power that's why" Ayoko reacted and looked up to Saku

"Is that true Saku?" Saku nodded

"yes I did" said Saku kneeling down "I used to just like you, but with enough encouragement I got to where I was today. It's your choice Ayoko"

Ayoko thought it over and looked amongst everyone "It's to you Ayoko" said Sora "what do you want to do?"

"Go on...show him what you can do" said Anaeus encouragingly

"okay...I'll accept your challenge" said Ayoko a little determined "let's fight"

"okay, let's go to the centre" said Shiro.

The two stepped to the centre "is this wise for Ayoko?" said Lexi "I mean, if she loses...won't she have to go home? A substitute is only part of a team, if a team member is otherwise injured"

"So since Ayoko is not technically part of a team, she can't be saved" said Ellie. This thought had only occurred to them

"then she could come home with us" said Aries happily "we can always look after her"

"really...that would be okay?" said Sora worriedly to which Aries nodded "thank goodness for that" That eased Sora greatly.

Xene was watching, out of sight, "hmm...I wouldn't be so calm Sora. While it's true that Ayoko will be in capable hands of the Stritos family. He-he, she won't be entirely safe. That glove has a special feature...that...sort of completely strikes the loser with a...very powerful painful affliction. Which only I can heal..." an evil grin appeared on his face "now for some fun"