Chapter 29: Lost...But Not Alone (M)

(When instructed play the following track Naruto OST 1. Sadness and Sorrow. Trust me, it'll really bring it out. Play in the window or from youtube)

All that could be heard was Xene's laugh throughout the halls of the championship academy. as he recited his evil plan. Jay covered his ears "ahhh...ahh...alright, alright I get it"

"I'm sorry...I'm sorry I just..." Xene just couldn't stop laughing...which gave his two onlookers Ayoko and Ellie the perfect cover to backaway and escape from sight.

When they made it a good distance away, a notably surge of hatred and disgust flowed through the naturally happy Ellie "So...this is all their doing! Those three have been manipulating Saku from day one. They being pulling his strings like a toy for their enjoyment"

"and now Saku is going to die" said Ayoko sounding angry herself "because he believes Anastasia will come back. Look we have to stop him!"

"I...don't think we can. When you've got nothing left, you'll desperately cling to whatever you can. Which for Saku...is this"

"but we have to do something! Surely they must be something we can do"

"There is...but we need time. Come on, we have to catch up but don't say anything! That will only complicate things" nodding Ayoko ran after Ellie.

The two after some mild-panting, had managed to catch up with the group. Sora, Mochi, Anaeus and Pulya looked puzzled by their panting "you two...what's wrong?" asked Sora "why are you out of breath?"

"never-mind that for now" said Ellie trying to hide her desperation "Where's Saku?"

"he's there" said Pulya pointing to Saku "he's slow, but he's heading to the training field"

Saku was still vacantly walking nearing the centre of a designated training field. Ellie began running "Ayoko, stay here" questions marks hovered over Sora and Pulya's head "Saku...Saku wait" Saku just kept matching

"must...get ready...for fight" said Saku also as if he had recited it

"Saku listen, I know what you're doing and it isn't going to work. She isn't going to come back even if you do this"

"No...deal...is made"

"Saku...you will still be without Anastasia"

"I will fight...and then be struck by knife...to bring her...back"

Ellie began to feel desperate. My words aren't reaching him, he's too lost in his despair. I think I could try all day and not get anywhere. But...there is one person he will listen too. "Saku hear me out. I too can bring her back" Saku slightly looked up

"You can...bring her...back" said Saku slowly "no...no only he can"

"Give me five minutes Saku" Ellie said this assertively "I promise I will bring Anastasia back in five minutes"

"five...minutes"

"yes five minutes. I promise you in five minutes she will be back, so please hold on till then, please"

Saku remained silent at first but then "Five minutes...I will wait...five minutes" Ellie nodded and allowed Saku to continue walk on. Ellie then went to Ayoko "right listen, I have to go. So I want you to watch Saku closely"