"What do we have here?"-P.2

The was sun was setting and I so badly wanted to stop running and watch it set but I couldn’t. This letter seem to be delivered to Kohl ASAP.

            When I got to the messengers headquarters they immediately made us run. At  the end of it I came out on top, being  the fastest in the new recruits and someone told me and the fastest of all the messengers. For a second I thought I saw Jason but he disappeared.

            Anyway is was almost the end of the day and I thought I was done but an urgent message came in that needed to be sent to Kohl, and of course they asked me. So here I am missing the beautiful sunset to deliver this letter to Kohl.

            Whats in it anyway .I risked a glance at the letter and new I shouldn’t because I felt myself hit something and tumbled to the floor, and saw the letter slip out of my hand.

            “Grr..” I told myself as I got up. I brushed  myself and looked up to see Jason. I shook my head and bent down to pick up the letter. “You know Jason, we really need to stop meeting like this.”

            Jason just grinned. “I kind of like meeting up like this. ”I just laughed. “Well I have to go, deliver this to Kohl. He needs  it “immediately”!” I said repeating what Mike the head messenger told me.

            Jason laughed and I couldn’t help but join in. When we done he smiled. “Why  don’t you let me escort you. Its getting dark, you never know what lurks in the shadows.”

            I looked at Jason..why did that sound so familiar.. “Ally,you okay?” I head Jason say and I shook myself out of déjà vu. “Yeah I am  fine..but if you want to escort me, your going to have to run?” I said as a challenge and Jason just grinned.

            “Well don’t you know I am a messenger to?” I smiled. “I knew it! Why didn’t you say anything when I saw you.”

            Jason looked at the sunset. “I had someplace to go.” I looked at him. “Where would you have to go? You just got here?”

            Jason looked at me and smiled. “Come on, aren’t you going to be late?” I looked at my watch and realized I was.

            I took off running hearing Jason footstep behind me. Mike said that Kohl’s mansion lay at the top of a hill right by the coast.

            I finally reached the hill and as I looked up I knew I was going to be sore in the morning.

            I looked over my shoulder to see Jason who wasn’t lagging behind but was actually motioning me to go up..

            He is crazy, I thought to myself as I ran up the hill. I knew if I tripped ,I’ll fall, meaning I would crash into Jason and I really didn’t want to crash into him again.                    

  I took deep breathes as I ran and I was so close to reaching the top when I felt water fall on my face.

            I looked up and out of now where dark clouds were looming and it came pouring down, blinding me.

            “Jason!” I yelled ,to see where he was but there was no reply. “JASON!” I yelled louder and I felt someone grab my hand.

            “Come on we have to get inside or we will get soaked.” He yelled at me threw the rain and I just nodded.

            So together holding hands we slowly climbed up the hill. Kohl mansion atleast had a roof underneath it so we quickly ducked under.

            I let go of Jason hand and inspected myself. I was wet. Dripping actually but the letter didn’t even get wet at all.Werid..

            I looked up to Jason who was drenched and his once nice hair was sticking to  his forehead in different direction.

            I reached my hand up to help him, and for a moment our eyes met, and I knew felt something.

            “Ally I..” Jason began but he never finished because the door opened and standing in front of it was Kohl.

            “Well, Well, Well, what do we have here?”