"Just Ally"-P.2

"Are you sure?” I asked Jacques as he walked with me to the job office.

“Of co’urse, having a skill is useful here, you won’t be having one of the more..worse jobs.”

            “Such as?” I asked but Jacques didn’t reply so instead I focused on my surroundings.

            Water was beautiful. Light blue skies, calm waters, lush forest but the part that ugly is how the Unwinds are working on it.

            We passed a garden and as I passed the garden I saw a little girl. She looks like she barely ate anything, and her hair was all raty  but she still smiled as she placed her hand above the soil.

            Her hands glowed and slowly a sprout poped out  that grew into a flower. It was beautiful something I have never seen before.

            When the girl was done  she looked up and for a second our eyes met. She smiled and then she collapsed crushing the flower.

            I went to go help her but Jacques  laid his hand on my shoulder and shook his head. “but..” I said but he didn’t let go.

            Instead I watched a boy who looked like  mini kohl come  over and inspected the girl. He kicked her over and I swear I heard her moan so she was at least alive but barely.

            He kicked her again but she didn’t budge. So instead he grabbed her by the hair and dragged her out of the soil bed.

            “I need a messenger!!!” he yelled and out of the east came a boy. He was tanned alright and panted as the solider gave him instructions.

            “Go fetch a medic, and take this girl out of my sight.” He said and the messenger went off running.

            The solider looked one more time at the girl and actually smirked and kicked her again and went off.

            I looked up to Jacques who face was blank. He started walking again ad I followed looking one more time at the girl lying to the sand.

            He  walked in silent until finally Jacques started talking. “What you just saw is how they treat unwants here Ally. Kohl uses the Unwants almost till death. Earth unwants are made to grow exotic flowers, and plant everything else. Waters are used to help grow the plants as well. The Fire like the boy solider you saw are are  Kohl minions, they keep everything under control. Finally that boy you saw running to him, he is a messenger. One of the best jobs here, because atleast your not being force to die. So Ally I will make sure you understand that.”

            I nodded shocked how Jacques spoke perfect English, with no hint of a accent. “Go’od, come we ar’e almost there.”

            Silently I followed thinking about what he said. I didn’t eve realize that he stopped until I almost ran into a  shack.

            I looked up and I could see a sign saying Jobs..Idiots  I thought to myself for stating the obvious.

            Jacques knocked on the shack door. We waited, then a little man opened the door and smiled. “Jacques so good to see you, Why are you paying me a visit?”

            He motioned to me and I smiled and said hello. The man expression change and I knew I was in bad news. He grinned. “So pretty,,hmm..would  you like to be one of Kohl personal servants?”

            I was horrified but thankfully Jacques came to my rescue.  “Actually she is a runner so I would like to see her  aa messgner. I know you have one spot open.”

            The old man smiled. “Always the clever one, Jacques. Fine she can be a messenger. Hold on one second.”

            The man went back into  the shack and came out with a blanket, a pillow, and sun tan lotion. At least  they were giving me sun tan lotion.

            He also had a clip board. “Name?” he asked me and I looked at Jacques. He  nodded. “Ally.” I replied.

            The man looked at me. “Just Ally?” I nodded and I heard him chuckle. “Well just Ally, her you go,” he said as he handed me the bundle “You will be staying at Cabin 3 bunk 4.”