"What?"-P.2

I gulped. Slave barracks? What is this man talking about. “She just woke up Kohl, we still haven’t even told her why she is here,”Shelby replied.

            Kohl? The kohl mentioned in dad letter, I thought he would be kind. Doesn’t  he know who I am?

            Kohl looked at me then a smile crept on his face. “I'll tell her.” Kohl cut the distance between me and him and I could smell his colane.

            It made me dizzy, and I felt like I was going to faint again. “Have you figured out your name yet?” he said sweetly

            I nodded. “Ally..” I replied talking in mind what Shelby and Jacques said.  “Just Ally?” he replied.

            I nodded. “You don’t remember anything else but that?” he took off his hat off  and brushed his hand though his hair.

            This was the tricky part..do I say I am Unwanted? I looked at him again and my eye caught something on his wrist. A mark, and for some strange reason I knew it meant Fire.

            “I’m an Unwanted.” I said confidently. He smiled. “Well that helps with explaining all of this. What element do you control?”

            I shook my head and he looked at me confused.  “Give me your wrist.” I gave him my wrist that wasn’t bandage. “Not this one,the other one.” He snapped and I let him see my bandage  wrist.

            He quickly took off the bandage but there was nothing underneath it, just a light scare. “What is the meaning of this?” Kohl ask Shelby.

           Shelby looked at me and then back at Kohl. “She was gong to lose her arm, and I had to cut the vain to stop the blood flow. When I did the operation there wasn’t even a mark to begin with, and that’s why its wrapped. You didn’t want her losing her arm do you? What use will she be then?”Shelby said like I wasn’t even there.

            Wait..am I really a slave? Kohl looked back a time.  “Well aren’t you a mystery. I like mystery. Well Ally, you are here because someone didn’t like you, or kidnapped you, or thought your  to out of control that they sold you to  the Black market for Unwants. I found you interesting during the black market auction and I brought here and got you all fixed  He smiled again and I just knew he was bad news.

            “You have 20 minutes to do a final test to see if see is fit  to work,Shelby. After that she goes to see what she is going to do around here.” Kohl looked one more time at me and smiled. I let my face go blank as he left thinking to myself what the hell happen in my life.

The room was quiet as Kohl left and I looked to Shelby and Jacques. “Explain now.” I said as I sat down on the cot.

            “Ally, we tried to find out who sold you on the Black Market but the beauty of the Black Market as they like to call it is that everything is under the table. Everything  untraceable.”Shelby said as she checked my pulse.

            I looked up at Shelby and of course she wasn’t lying,but she also seem concerned for me.

            “but why would anyone want to sell me?” I asked. Jacuques looked at me and smiled. “Th’at exac’ly wh’at we are try’ign to find o’ut.”

            I nodded. I could trust Shelby and Jacques but why not Kohl. “Kohl, dad said I could trust him, but..” I trailed of letting them finish for me.

            “He grew greedy he actually use to be good helping your father run the island but once you father  left and Kohl was in charge..something happen to him and its like over night he became evil. Thats whe he started to participate in the Black Market and bring the unwinds here to grow the crops for profit.”Shelby replied looking sadly at the ground.

            Jacques actually looked like he was going to cry. Silently Shelby finished the check-up.  

            She hit my knee with a hammer and of course I said ouch and moved my leg. She nodded.

            “Good your reflexes are perfectly fine.” I nodded. She looked at me again and then my legs. She was giving me this weird look.

            She noted something on the clipboard then looked at me. “Ally did you run track?”

            Jacques turn to me and I was looking at him. Images flash.. Feeling the wind pass me as  I ran. Hugging a group of girls as we were all holding up a trophy, then finally hearing the calming sound of my feet pounding on the gravel. I actually looked happy…

            I came back to reality. “I think I did.” I replied .Shelby and Jacques both looked at each other smiling. “What?”

            Jacques smiled. “I think w’e just found your job sweetheart.”