38

Jordan

  "Is he okay?".

"I don't know, my mom just said he had a heart attack toni". Leaning against the wall, I sighed and scratched my face.

"Are you okay?".

"I don't know". Toni sat on the bed facing me.

"What?".

"Toni I don't know how to feel aight? I haven't spoken to my father in months. I'm supposed to break down or something?". I said feeling annoyed.

"I'm not saying that, I just want to know how you feel jay".

"This shit is crazy and don't know what to do. I'm a grown ass man and haven't talked to my father in months".

"okay, how about we reach out to him?". Shaking my head I crossed my arms. 

"why not? That's your father Jordan".

"What am I going to say? It's difficult". Walking around the room again, I covered my mouth. 

"Jordan..". Ignoring Toni, my mind went crazy. 

"Jay...baby look at me". I stopped walking around the room and she grabbed my arms.

"fix this before it's too late, I don't want you to be stubborn like this.  And I know you love your father, you might not say it but you do". Listening to Toni, I stared at her eyes as I calmed down.

"calm down and come to bed, okay baby?". Nodding my head, I followed Toni to the bed and got comfortable.

   Pulling her on top of me, I held Toni kissed her forehead.

"thank you baby, I love you". I mumbled with my eyes closed.

"I love you too".

•••••

Toni 

  Feeding briana, Jordan had to handle some business things before we went to Atlanta.

"bri I don't know how long we're staying in Atlanta so after we eat I'm packing your things first".

"we leave?".

"yes, just for a little while mama". After we ate, I finished washing the dishes and went upstairs to pack.

"uh no, pick these toys up briana".

"mommy I play". She said walking around her room.

"by the time we leave they better be off the floor". Struggling to sit on the floor, I finally sat down and put clothes in bri's suite case.

••••

Everything was packed up and I was beyond tired, calling bri to the room she ran in.

"yes?".

"let's take a nap baby, I'm tired". Bri jumped on the bed with me and laid in my stomach.

"I tired too". She said fake yawning and I laughed.

"silly, go to sleep".

Jordan

Coming from my meeting, I sighed a few things and ignored the question about my personal life.

Going to my truck my mom called me as I pulled off.

"hello?".

"what's up ma?". I said, stopping at a red light.

"are you busy? I'll call beck later".

"nah what's going on ma?".

"I wanted to know if you were coming to Atlanta".