30

Jordan
One week later

"Jordan, look at this crib".  ashley says as I ignored her.

"yeah..".

"Your not listening Jordan, but anyway I'm starting the baby shower planning". She smiled and I sighed.

"look, isn't it too early?".

"it's never too early to celebrate us having a baby together". Ashley tried to hold my hand and I moved.

"we both know what really happened, stop trying to make it seem like I wanna have this baby with you".

"Really? we've been messing around since last year".

"no, you've been messing up my family since last year. I do not love nor wanna be you". she looked at me and turned her head.

"we are having a baby together, be happy about it okay?".

"stop it, you know the truth. crazy ass woman man I swear..". Getting up, I grabbed my keys while leave as she called for me.

   Getting in my truck I pulled out my phone and called Toni.

"hello?".

"what's up?".

"hey, uh you ok?". She asked as I pulled off.

"yeah, I just called to see if I can come over".

"oh yeah, Brianna just woke up".

"ight cool, I'll be there in 30 minutes".

     after hanging up I drove straight there.

••••

"daddy!".

"what's good my baby?". I picked Brianna up and kissed her Cheek as she held on to me.

"I missed you sooo much". 

"daddy missed you more baby girl". looking around for Toni she was in the kitchen.

"what's up?".

"hey". Staring at her, she looked away as I bit my lip.

"you look beautiful".

"Thank you Jordan". Brianna wanted to get down and show me her drawings.

"you mad talented baby, you know that?". I asked as she giggled.

"nooo".

Looking at Toni she was smiling at Brianna

"how's my baby doing?". 

"good, another appointment was set for next week". I nodded and listened to Brianna talking about her pink nails.

"call me and I'll be there".

"you mind if we talk? everything just seems awkward". I nodded and told bri to go upstairs for a minute.

"So what's up?".

"I just feel like there's a lot we should talk about".  Toni sat down across from me and I scratched my face.

"I've already apologized but that's not enough, I just want to work this out. we have a baby on the way, and a daughter".

"yes but you also have a baby with another woman, someone that's not me!". I sighed and looked down.

"That was the biggest mistake I've ever made in my life. I don't even know if that's my baby to begin with".

"What do you mean?". I took a deep breath before talking.

"I was at a club after a game, seen her there and I got drunk. When I got to the hotel she was there..I don't remember what happened but she followed me to my room".

"So you fucked her or not?".

"That's the point, I don't know what happened that night". She looked at me and nodded.

"I wanna meet her".

"What?". I jumped up.

" you heard me, I wanna meet the hoe". She fake smiled and I chuckled.

"You think that's a good idea?".

"Yes, I wanna meet who's caring my husbands baby".

"fucking petty man". I shook my head and sighed.

"Sorry I just had to say it, but on some serious shit you are a lucky ass nigga".

"What are you talking about?".

"In a situation like this any other woman would've left and never thought twice about taking you back. I'm sitting here talking to you and co parenting, most woman aren't like that". I nodded and thought about what she said.

"And that's why I appreciate you, I've just be fucking up and you don't deserve that baby. You did so much for me and I did you dirty".  

"Daddy! Mommy!". Brianna ran down the stairs.

"yes baby?". Toni asked.

"You done talking?". I chuckled and nodded.

"Finally, that was a lonnng time". Grabbing bri I kissed her forehead.

"It's passed somebody's bed time". I said as Toni agreed with me.

"nuh uh, I stay up".

"No ma'am, Toni I'll go put her to bed". She nodded and I carried bri upstairs.

   Bathing bri she sang the whole time while I dried her and got her clothes.

"Are you leaving again?". I sighed and nodded.

"Yes princess, daddy can't stay".

"Why?". She started crying and I wiped her face.

"Listen to me, me and mommy are going through something and can't be together right now. So that means daddy can't stay here. I'll come see you whenever you want baby, just call me. Okay?". She nodded and I kissed her forehead. 

   Laying on the bed with her, she continued crying until she fell asleep. Getting up, I pulled the covers over her and left the room.

Looking for Toni she was in the bed room wearing a robe.

"I just put bri down, she cried cause I couldn't stay". She shook her head and I looked down at my phone.

"Oh I have a meeting tomorrow so ..". I said and she walked me downstairs.

"Take care of yourself okay?". I nodded and rubbed her stomach before leaving.

•••••
Comment and vote ❤️