23

Toni
Los Angeles, California
The next day

   Going downstairs to the kitchen, there were flowers all around the room. Seeing a card and the counter I hesitated to open it. It said how sorry he was and he wanted to work things out. I ripped it up and threw it away.

    After cooking breakfast, I went back upstairs to wake Brianna up.

"I too tired mommy". 

"I know but your father is picking you up today".

"He is?". I nodded and she jumped up from her bed.

   Getting her dressed, bri followed me
downstairs to the kitchen.

"Bri you want eggs?".

"Yes mommy i hungry". I nodded and fixed her plate. Look at the time it was 9:45am, fixing my plate I sat down eating.

"Mommy I call daddy?".

"Yes baby you can". Reaching for my phone, I dialed his number and put it on speaker phone since she was still eating.

"Hello?".

"Daddy!".

"What's up baby, you eating?".

"Yes, where are you?". He sighed and I wiped under my eyes.

"I'm at granny's house right now".

"You come home, I miss you sooo much".

"I miss you too, coming to pick you up later okay?".

"Okay daddy, see you later".

"Bye princess".

He hung up and I grabbed my phone from the table.

"Bri you finished eating mama?".

"Yes mommy". I picked her plate up and sat it in the sink. Holding my stomach I grabbed her hand on took her upstairs.

**

Bri already dressed, I fixed her hair as she looked in the mirror.

"You look so pretty mama".

"Thank you, I like my hair mommy". She said as she danced in front of the mirror.

"That's good baby, let's go downstairs and wait for your father". She grabbed my hand as we walked downstairs. Bri ran to the front room as I stood in front of the mirror in the hallway.

My hair was in a messy bun and my eyes were puffy, I looked a hot mess. Shaking my head, the door bell rang and I walked over to the door.

It was Jordan and I sighed before opening the door.

"What's up?". I nodded and called Brianna.

"You okay? You looked tired".

"Im fine....Brianna!". He sighed and leaned against the door.

"Hi daddy".

"What's up princess, you look pretty". She giggled and he smiled at her.

"You ready to go?". Bri nodded and held on to his leg.

"Have her back before 9:0o Jordan".

"I will, you read the card I sent?".

"Yes I did, that's all?".

"Come on Toni, can we talk?".

"No we can't, bye baby be good".

"Okay mommy". Jordan looked down at my stomach before picking Bri up.

    I closed the door and stood against it crying. Wiping my eyes, I went back upstairs to take a shower.

Jordan

  "Did you get to talk to her?". My mom asked.

"Yeah but not how I wanted it to be. I messed up so bad". I said as I watched bri dance around the room.

"It'll get better son, did you speak to that girl Asia or whatever her name is".

"No, and I don't want to".

"I should check on Toni, in that house all by herself". My mom said as she got up to put her shoes on. 

      Staring at the wall, I kept thinking about how Toni looked when I seen her earlier.

"Daddy!". Turning my head, bri was standing in front of me.

"What's up?".

"Granny left, she go see mommy".

"I know baby, you wanna go out and do something before I drop you home?".

"Yes! Let's go". I chuckled as she jumped up and down. Grabbing my keys I made sure to lock the door as I put bri in the truck.

Toni

   "You need to get some rest okay? stress isn't good for the baby". I nodded and laid back on the bed.

"I'm okay, just a lot going on right now". I said quietly.

"I know it is, you never thought about talking about it to him?".

"No, I really think we need time apart ma".

"That's understandable..".

Jordan

  Getting bri out of the truck, she laid on my shoulder sleeping as I rang the doorbell.

"My baby". Toni said as she took bri from me. She was wearing shorts and a fitted tank top, staring at her stomach i heard her say something.

"Did she eat?".

"Yeah she ate a while ago, you know I love you right?". she nodded and I sighed.

"My baby doing okay in there?". I said as I remembered asking her that all the time.

"The baby is doing just fine, it's getting late Jordan".

"Oh okay, good night baby". She nodded and I could tell she was about to cry as she closed the door. I shook my head and sat in the truck for a while before pulling off.

<<
Comment & vote ❤️