Chapter Forty-two

Jack had a massive plan indeed, while in the room where he found all the guns, he also seen large quantities of gunpowder, obviously they had made their own bullets so needed this too. He watched Alex's jaw hit the floor at the barrels that were filled with the gunpowder "Cool!" was the only thing that seemed to pass his lips before he started to rummage through other boxes that were scattered around the room. "Aha!" he grinned as he pulled some thin rope out of a box. Jack took a closer look at his hand and realised Alex had found the stuff you lit to make it explode, he wasn't an expert at this stuff but the way Alex was pulling everything out of the boxes and setting it aside in a pile he guessed Alex was.

After all the boxes lay empty all over the place Alex set to work, he carried the heavy barrels out into the hall and placed them in the middle before fixing the cord to it, he the placed another barrel further down and connected them with the cord. He had done this until there were no barrels left, "So what now, do we light it?" Jack asked looking for a lighter or matches "NO! I have found an electronic timer that will set it off when we want it to" he said with an evil grin causing Jack to just shake his head at him. So that was the plan and once Alex checked all the barrels where connected properly, he connected a small box that looked like a large kitchen timer and set it for five minutes. This caused Jack to cringe, but if someone in the building seen this and they left it too long they could quite easily disable it and that would be it!

It was very important that the whole building went up as the library alone was filled with evidence on their kind, if someone came across any of it, it could be very dangerous! So by blowing it up hopefully they will also blow up everything they had collected over the years.

"Right time to run!" Alex shouted before legging it towards the exit "Oh sh**t!" Jack groaned before following him out. They had literally bolted out the building in just under two minutes, they ran for the bus and shouted for Connor to move...and fast!

Connor shrugged and done as he asked not knowing what Jack and Alex had done until he heard an almighty earth shattering bang that shook the ground underneath the bus and rattled all the windows in the bus. Connor glanced in his mirror to see the whole building blow itself to bits. Connor slammed the brakes on and turned in his seat "So that's what you were doing?" he grinned as he admired their handy work, Jack and Alex just sat there giggling like a pair of schoolboys but he had to admit they done a good job.

"We better get out of here before the fire brigade get here" he growled before speeding off as fast as the bus allowed him to. The journey seemed to drag, nearly all of the others were asleep, but who could blame them, most of them had never had to fight hunters before like alone those devil dogs. Connor hoped he would never see another one in his life. All he wanted to do was find his mate and spent the rest of his life with her in his arms.

It seemed like an eternity but finally the second bus limped up the long driveway and stopped behind the other bus. Connor felt a rush of relief as he know knew that his mate was safe in their home, the thought of 'their home' made him grin from ear to ear as he ran up the stairs to the front door and his eyes scanned the room looking for his mate. "She was doing my head in pacing up and down so I sent her to bed" Colin sighed shaking his head, "She's as bad as you!" he laughed before watching his cousin run up the stairs two at a time.

He opened his bedroom door gently and peeked in to see Adelaide curled up on his bed, he closed the door softly behind him and tiptoed over to the huge bed and carefully lay down beside her trying not to wake her up. She looked like an angel with fiery red hair that made his heart jump as he couldn't help but run his hand through the long auburn locks that had covered her face; he pushed all the hair away so he could see her face and bent down to place a quick kiss on her lips.

He forgot how soft her lips were and jumped slightly when he seen her eyes flicker open and as she threw him the sexiest smile he had ever seen he leaned back for seconds but Adelaide placed both her hands round his back and he knew that they would not be going back downstairs for at least another hour.

Connor lay there in bed with his arm under Adelaide's head while she ran her fingers threw the dark hairs on his chest, he felt in heaven. The sensations that flowed between them seemed ten times stronger than before and it was then that he vowed to never let her out of his sight again.

"We have to get up" Connor groaned and heard a similar groan come out of Adelaide's mouth, he grinned and it felt good to know that she loved him as much as he loved her, "We are the Alphas, we have to check on our pack" he said trying to gently pull his arm out from under her, she grabbed his wrist with a wicked grin and a sparkle that warned him this might be difficult but a sudden change came over her "Our pack?" she said with a frown. "Our pack, I am the Alpha, you are my mate so you are the Alpha female." he smiled before placing a small kiss on her forehead. "What do I have to do? Follow behind you or something?" she said sarcastically causing Connor to laugh deeply. "I never want you to ever walk behind me, I'd rather you walk in front so I have a perfect view!" he joked causing Adelaide to growl and he felt her release his wrist allowing him to make his getaway.

He started to dress "I want you by my side as equals and we will run the pack together" he said as he watched her eyes widen before she grinned "So they would have to do what I told them to do?" Connor rolled his eyes "Within reason!" he said trying to ignore the wicked grin that now plastered her face "This could actually be fun" she giggled before joining Connor at getting dressed and before long they were ready to head back into the lions den.