Chapter Seven

After a few more restless hours Adelaide looked at her alarm clock it read nearly 7

o'clock, she sighed and climbed out of bed and stretched her arms over her head with a huge yawn. This was getting unbearable! She decided that tonight maybe two capsules might take her through to the next morning.

Adelaide crept down the stairs careful not to wake her parents and headed for the kitchen to make herself a nice big mug of coffee, that will help waken her up. As she opened the kitchen door she was greeted by her mum sitting at the kitchen table munching on a slice of toast "You want a piece?" she asked eyeing Adelaide up as she walked to the kettle to check to see if it had enough water for another cup.

"What are you doing up so early anyway?" her mum asked between mouthfuls of buttered toast, "No reason, those pills worked a treat" Adelaide said plastering a fake smile on her face. "Great that's just brilliant!" her mum beamed as she took her words seriously "Hopefully after about a week we can have our little girl back again" Mary smiled with so much happiness that it made her ache knowing that it was nowhere near the truth although to see her mum smiling again was worth a little lie.

By the time it had taken to get ready for work she had eaten breakfast that she normally didn't have, she had then sat down and actually had a conversation with her mum before having the longest shower she has had in a long time. Even her dad didn't need to shout her to hurry up as she was now sitting in the kitchen with a second coffee waiting for him to get ready.

Adelaide thought to her self 'actually I feel quite good?' she sat in silence in the car trying to think of why she suddenly felt so good but nothing came to mind apart from those pills 'wonder drugs I will definitely take two tonight' she thought with a smile.

"You seem happier today?" her dad questioned as he caught her smile "Is there a boy involved?" he raised his eyebrows at her causing her to laugh at him trying to be serious "Don't be silly dad, when do I have time for boys?" she giggled as she blushed slightly embarrassed at his unexpected question.

Adelaide was brought up with old fashioned parents that had their own thoughts about what they called 'courting' she herself had her own views mainly that she felt that there was someone special out there for her and she wasn't the type to just sleep with anyone, besides with working a full time job there's not much time for anything else.

It was half way through the morning rush before she noticed a familiar scent waft through the cafe causing her to turn around and come face to face with the most beautiful emerald green eyes that she felt she could stare at for a lifetime and more. She snapped out of it and blushed as she realised that she had been staring at him, but he had been staring at her too!

She gasped in disbelief as she took in all of him and recognised that he carried the same scent that haunted her from her dreams. 'How is that possible?' she suddenly felt dizzy and just seconds before she hit the ground she was caught by huge strong hands and her whole body felt as though she was on fire. Just before she passed out the voice in her head shouted 'yes!' then everything seemed to turn black.

About ten minutes later Adelaide woke to see Cathy sitting beside her but she knew immediately that he was still there as well, although she wasn't sure how she knew she just seemed to feel his presence and liked that electric sort of feeling. "Hey honey, you OK now?" Cathy asked while pressing a cold wet cloth to her head. "I I I am doing fine" she stuttered trying to sit up to get another look at the stranger "Luckily Mr Mr...What is your name?" Cathy quizzed as she turned to speak to the stranger who replied simply in his deep Scottish accent "Connor" which instantly filled her stomach with butterflies and made her heartbeat rise rapidly. He walked closer to her again locking eyes with her as if it was a natural reaction, but who could blame her he was the most handsome man she had ever seen. Her body ached as she wanted to run her hands over his bulging chest that he so obviously hid under that shirt. 'Get a grip!' she said as she shook her head to try to remove the erotic images of what she would like to do to him.

"Adelaide, Adelaide...ADE!" Cathy shouted "huh...what?" she replied still reeling from her fantasies as she moved herself closer to the edge of the seat to get nearer to him "You would have had a nasty bump if Connor hadn't caught you" Cathy scolded, "Are you going to be OK?" she repeated before standing up "Connor has kindly said that he will drop you back home...if that's alright with you?" she said looking at Adelaide with concern.

Adelaide thought for a second 'do I want a lift from a complete stranger to my house?' her inner voice shouted 'duh! Of course you do' and for once she agreed, she couldn't think about anything but being close to him and the thought of just the two of them in a car would...maybe not be such a good idea as the thought of her losing her virginity to some stranger in the back of a car. This was not a romantic first time even though it could be with the hottest man she has ever seen. "I feel like some fresh air actually" she mumbled before she seen what looked like hurt cross his face, without thinking she added with a shy smile "I could use the company if you don't mind a walk?" that said a huge boyish grin appeared on his face that told her that wouldn't be a problem.

Adelaide rushed through the back to grab her handbag and spun round to see Cathy standing there with her hands on her hips tapping her foot in a motherly fashion "Soooo who's the hunk?" she quizzed, Adelaide just shrugged her shoulders and replied that he was an old friend from school, that fooled her she grinned as Cathy stepped aside letting her go "Enjoy the weekend!...don't do anything I wouldn't do!' she giggled reminding her that it was Friday today.

Connor helped her on with her jacket before opening the door 'what a gentleman' she thought with a smile. "So your names Adelaide, that's an unusual name!" he spoke trying to reduce the increasingly electric air that seemed to be building between them "Yeah I was named after my gran...soo...are you here with the construction company?" she asked hoping that wasn't the reason he was here as it was only short-term and would probably leave once his job was completed. "No I live near here" he lied slightly knowing the reason for her question. "Oh right, how come I have never seen you around here then?" she asked curiously.

'Is this girl for real?' he thought 'she must have felt the connection between us, so why is she asking who I am. It is obvious that I am her mate! anyway I am not the one living among the humans' he knew that she felt the sparks the same as him and he seen the way she locked eyes in the cafe and then eyed him up a few times since, not that he didn't check her out he was just a bit more subtle about it than she was. Not that he minded it just fed his ego.

"So do you live by yourself" Connor asked after nervously clearing his throat "No I live with my parents" she replied quickly to try to relieve some of the tension that was now starting to become unbearable as they reached the entrance for the woods to her house. This brought another vision back to her mind about the black eyes and black fur and huge teeth that caused her to scream in terror every-night, she mindlessly grabbed his arm as fear suddenly hit her looking into the dense woods. This had never frightened her before today, 'what a messed up day this was turning out to be!' she thought before it dawned on her that she had her arm linked with his...and it felt so good, and although it felt natural she pulled away causing the comforting feeling that filled her body to disappear like someone had just thrown her into a fridge, her body ached to reattach herself to him again. 'Boy I really have this bad' she cursed to herself.

Connor also seemed to look slightly rejected as he shoved his hands deep into his pockets and look into the distance, "Sorry I have a slight fear of dark woods" she whispered feeling the need to explain for the sudden change in her manner. Connor just looked with a far away look on his face as though he was deep in thought.

'Her parents live here in the town?' Connor thought puzzled 'why would you bring a child werewolf up in a town full of humans? That would be impossible to keep a secret forever' he now felt a growl rise from deep inside his throat which escaped causing Adelaide to jump. Adelaide stopped immediately, "Did you just growl at me?" she frowned with eyes that very slightly grew a slightly darker shade of blue. "Anyone would think you were a dog" she laughed nervously as she tried to regain her composure and walked on.

'I am such an idiot?' Connor finally got it, 'Adelaide must have mixed parents one of them must be a human!' it made complete sense now, she didn't know she was a werewolf!

When the unlikely event has it that a wolf is mated with a human, the wolf can chose to stay human and grow old with their mate without their mate ever knowing...but... if they have kids that when the problems start. Now not all kids turn out to be werewolves some are half blood, others are completely human. 'Great thanks spirits my mate is not a full blood werewolf, that's going to cause some problems' he thought sarcastically. His future kids and heir to be the next Alpha could be half human!