Chapter Nineteen

Connor pulled out his mobile phone and phoned his parents "How do you fancy a visit" he said as an opening line to his mum, all he heard was a scream down the phone followed by a very excited "Can she stay for dinner?" to which Connor said it wouldn't be a problem knowing the frenzy that will now take place as soon as he hung up, his mum loved to cook so chances are it will be a feast that would rival a restaurant any day. He spent the next ten minutes trying to get his mum off the phone, she kept asking if she'd like certain foods and everything she said Connor had to reply that he didn't know and it was now starting to get on his nerves. What was he thinking, tonight is going to be a very long night but as long as it keeps his mate happy that's all that matters he smiled.

It was another half an hour before he seen Adelaide again and a huge grin swept across his face as he saw how she had dressed, she had dressed casually in a pair of blue stonewash skinny jeans with a pale pink cashmere jumper, she had left her hair down which cascaded down her back in soft curls. She had only minimum makeup on enough to accentuate her eyes and lips making him have selfish thoughts in his head about locking the door and having his wicked way with her right now. He shook his head and held his hand out calling her to him, she willingly walked over to him and slipped her hand in his and he pulled her so close to him that Adelaide gasped "Air I need air!"

Connor laughed lightly and picked her up as if she weighed nothing and kissed her until they were both breathless. "Are you ready?" he asked suddenly feeling the need to leave the house before he does something they will both regret. "Yip just going to grab my bag" she said as she grabbed it from her bedroom, while she was up there she fixed her lipstick that Connor had just smudged, she had stubble burn on her chin 'someone has to buy that man a decent razor!' she smiled but only half-heartedly as she loved the dark dangerous unpredictable look he had about him.

She rubbed a little moisturiser on her chin the grabbed her bag from her bed and ran down the stairs to a very nervous Connor "What's the matter" she asked ruffling his hair playfully which made him groan "Do you want to leave this house?" Adelaide smiled "Why what you offering?" she said in her sexiest voice and before he had time to answer her she ran out the front door. "You better run, I will get you back for that one" he grinned and chased her out the door, she squealed in mock shock as she jumped in the car and locked all the doors and burst out laughing "What you going to do now?" she laughed at the confused look on his face. "Adelaide babe, you are playing with fire" he grinned loving this new side to her and the fact she was sharing it with him.

Finally she stopped laughing and knew she had to open the door sooner or later "Truce" she said meekly before unlocking the drivers side. Connor climbed in and just shook his head at her "I am making notes for when we are mated" he said in a deep husky voice that made Adelaide know exactly what she had done to him and it made her smile. She really wanted him so bad now that she was seeing how far she could push before he couldn't stand it any more and mated with her, she had too much pride to tell him straight that she wanted him in that way also.

Adelaide sat there in silence until Connor stated that they had just crossed over into his land, she stared out the window in awe that everything around her was ruled by her mate, they turned off onto a dirt track that looked like it was barely used and after about an hour they drove up outside a quaint little cottage with a gorgeous rose garden and a neat lawn, the front door flew open and an middle aged women stood there beaming from ear to ear, Adelaide realised she must be his mum but there wasn't a lot of resemblance, his dad now appeared and it was like looking at an older version of Connor, he had the same green eyes, similar build and although slightly greying they had the same colour of hair.

Connor had just about managed to open the car door before his mum came running over to introduce herself. "Oh...Diane?" she said and placed her hand up to her mouth in shock as tears filled her eyes. Adelaide looked at Connor who looked at his mum puzzled "No I told you her name is Adelaide!" he said in a slow voice "Of course dear, come on in and I will pour you a cup of coffee" she said with a forced smile as she quickly composed herself.

Connor noticed a look of fear pass his dads eyes as Adelaide introduced herself to him as well **What the hell is going on!** he growled at his dad through their link although he didn't reply and walked behind his wife into the kitchen. Although the cottage was small, the kitchen was big enough to have a decent size table with six chairs. Adelaide was ushered into one of the chairs while his mum just constantly quizzed her about everything and anything that came out her mouth. "Connor can I borrow you for a moment?" his dad asked clearing his throat "Sure" Connor fumed and followed him out the door leaving the two women alone.

His dad stopped outside and waited for his son to follow "So what's the problem" Connor growled not liking the reaction his mate got from his parents. "Do you have any idea who she is!" he whispered "No I left that for you to find out" Connor spoke in a more aggressive tone. His dad sighed "I now know exactly who she is" he said sitting down on his garden bench.

This really didn't sit well with him "Well out with it...who are her parents?" his dad took a big breath and explained "Diane was a pack member that was well loved here, she was kind, gentle and had a great sense of humour, actually she was my first real girlfriend..." he trailed off as if reliving some precious moment "But I wasn't her mate, Jack McLeod was" his dad looked at Connor to see if he remembered the name "What Alpha from the McLeod pack?" he asked slowly taking in everything his dad was saying "Well to cut a story short, she left our pack and joined his pack, the place was never the same after she left, she was your mums best friend and it just about killed her when she left. It wasn't long after that when I found out your mum was my mate and was already part of our pack"

Connor was putting everything together in his head "So how do you know it is her?" he asked still feeling confused "She is a dead ringer for her and she had a little girl who would be the same age as your mate, she was never found after the attack that killed her mother and over half the pack, we all assumed she had been killed along with her mother" he finished smiling weekly.

"So what now, do I tell her about the possible identity of her parents or do I track them down?" Connor asked not sure how to feel about the revelation. "Well no one has seen or heard of any of the McLeod pack since the attack so for all I know he is dead as well" his dad sighed deeply "But if she is the missing daughter, then she is the heiress to a huge chunk of land that dwarf's ours" he laughed knowing this was another blow to his sons pride. Connor smiled at his dad's dry sense of humour and told him he would explain this theory later on as he didn't want to ruin dinner.

Connors mum had outdone herself; she had vegetable soup for starters with vegetables from her own garden, roast chicken with all the trimmings and finished off with her famous boozy trifle which was made with a huge measure of brandy. Luckily as they were all wolves it didn't sit in their stomachs too long.

It was late before they left Connors parents house and he knew that he had one major thing to do before he took Adelaide home, he stopped the car in a clearing and turned to look at Adelaide. "I think I have found out what pack you belong to" he said holding her hand waiting for a reaction "Oh, is this good or bad?" she cringed. "I will tell you what my dad told me" he said, and with that he poured out the whole story and gave her a sugar coated version of the attack "So what you are telling me is that my mum and dad gave me to some strangers to look after and my mum died and no one knows what happened to my father?" she repeated as she tried to take it in, "Yip that's about it" he said sadly not knowing what else to say to her. Connor hated to ruin the evening like this but he had to tell her the truth.