Chapter Four

Connor took a long hot shower to try and rid himself of the disturbing images of his latest dream, even with the hot water cascading down his super toned back it didn't seem to help him unwind at all. All that was happening was his mind was now running a mile a minute trying to find a reason why she looked so terrified of him, surely she must sense who he was?

Suddenly it came to him, she already has found someone else, and that must be it. Just because the spirits created wolves in pairs, destined to be together forever, freewill also allows wolves to stay with whoever they choose even though they can never be true mates.

Connor decided it might be time to make a trip to town and see if his suspicions were right, and maybe rip his head off Connor thought with a smirk creeping onto his face. He couldn't allow his mate to treat him this way; after all she hadn't even met him yet.

He knew that he would have to keep this under wraps, he would be a joke if other packs found out he was running after his mate like this, not to mention the fact that leaving would create security issues especially with the rogue coming closer to the main village.

**Colin, pack house in fifteen minutes!** he barked out in his Alpha tone that ensured whoever it was aimed at would comply without hesitation.

Connor paced the huge lounge that sat in the centre of the pack house, once upon a time this place was bustling with life, when his father was in charge, now that he's Alpha he inherited the pack house and his parents, much to their request took a smaller more manageable cottage about a mile away which allowed them to have a more peaceful retirement.

Colin used to live here with him, the fun they used to have, parties nearly every night, including the women as well, Connor sat deep in thought about how good it used to be. Until his younger cousin found his mate and moved out to start a family. 'Why can't it be me?' Connor slammed his fist down splintering the solid wood coffee table that sat in front of the oversized sofa he was sitting on. His eyes slowly turned black as he felt himself shake with rage, he was only seconds away from completely losing control to his wolf and shifting. He didn't allow any shifting inside the house, or any fighting for that matter. One thing that he took pride in was his house and no-one will smash it up. Although he now eyed up his handy work on the coffee table, this was not helping his mood.

"Whoa there, I'm here!" Colin nervously stood at the living room door hoping that his cousin's anger was not aimed at him.

"Colin" Connor breathed a sigh of relief, Colin always seen to help rationalise him when he got too emotional. "Sooo....what's up?" Colin said slowly evaluating Connors mood.

"Where do I start....about six months ago I started getting really strange dreams with a beautiful girl who I now guess is my mate, but every time I try to go to her she sees me and screams, then I wake up. The dreams are the same every night; I just don't know what to do?" Connor finished quieter.

"Well, you remember my first meeting with Samantha? She called me a creep and said she would rather die than be my mate" Colin said with a chuckle

"Oh yeah, that's right, she threw a brick at your head when you trying to profess your undying love for her" Connor burst into laughter that came so freely that once he eventually calmed down enough to stop laughing he would look at Colin and start laughing all over again. It took fifteen minutes for Connor to get a grip of himself. He felt so much better 'laughter is a cure for most things' he thought then remembered why he called him here.

"Right now you have finished humiliating me, can you tell me what you are planning to do?" Colin huffed as he stood there with is arms folded in a sulk. This action made Connor want to laugh all over again, but looked at his Beta's face and though better of it.

"I am planning a trip, but this must be keep our secret, no-one must know that I am gone" Connor said in his serious tone now back to business. "What will I say if people ask?" Colin raised his eyebrows questioningly. "Tell them I am busy with the packs books that will keep them away long enough."How long will you be away?" Colin said before sitting on the opposite sofa. "A week if I'm lucky, any over that and I will check in back here, you have my number so keep in touch, mind connection is dodgy in-case one of us forget to keep our walls up, and keep your guard up in-case you think something by mistake." Connor stood and walked over to the window gazing out at all the children playing in the afternoon sun. "I want to be a father before I am thirty" Connor confessed keeping his back to Colin, " I am now twenty-three, my father had me before the age of twenty" he sighed placing his wrists onto the windowsill. "What use is an Alpha without his mate?" He turned to face Colin.

"Go find her, I will manage fine till you return" Colin smiled his blue eyes sparkling as if reminded of his mate who after two years still loves her like the first day they met. "If you don't try you will never know, she can't resist you forever" he finished before getting up and patting his cousin on the back. "Leave tonight when most of the people will be sleeping" he said before heading back to cuddle up to Samantha who was carrying his first child.