Chapter Thirty-seven

Connor scanned the area, he had no idea just how many exactly surrounded them but knew they were in big trouble he didn't have long to think before the first bullets flew past his ear causing him to sprint in that direction. He spotted the culprit, a rather beefed up hunter was standing in shock as he seen Connor race towards him. The hunter raised his gun again and shot him squarely on the shoulder. Connor howled with both rage and pain as the silver numbed his body before the anti silver sweet got to work, the hunter looked at Connor with fear as Connor pounced onto his chest and killed him.

Connor howled and gave the order for a full out attack. The pack immediately obeyed and within seconds the place was a blur with claws, teeth and guns. The noise was unbelievable, gunshots and screams of pain echoed throughout the trees, Connor spotted a hybrid just metres away from where he told Adelaide and Sasha to hide. He felt his whole body shake with anger and felt a rush of adrenaline so powerful that it made him gasp; he took advantage of this and charged for the dog.

The dog spotted him a little too late, Connor lunged at his throat but the dog stepped back and bit into Connors side causing him to curse his stupidity, he turned and clawed a huge gash on the dogs back leg, the dog howled and clawed Connor back. "What the hell" Conner yelled to himself as he felt silver grate across his face making his eyes water uncontrollably. Connor shook his head trying to clear his now hazy vision.

He blinked until he could see slightly and noticed the dog creeping closer to the thick bushes, he couldn't see clearly enough just yet but what he did see make him cringe. Adelaide jumped out from the bushes and was now standing in a fighting stance growling at the dog. The dog was still advancing, suddenly she leapt into the air and landed on its back and proceeded to rip huge chunks of fur and flesh from the howling dog. Adelaide now had the dog on its side and without warning she ripped out the dogs throat and sat just looking at the dog as if waiting for it to get back up **It's dead, good work babe** Connor spoke full of pride for his mate. **Who's next!** she growled obviously full of the same adrenaline that was still pumping through his veins.

The fight took only about ten minutes and they seemed to be over the worst of it, the anti silver sweets had done their job and although no one was killed there where a few seriously hurt. They had managed to wipe out the entire party of hunters but Connor knew that wasn't all of them. They were now two sweets less and they hadn't even got inside the compound yet.

********************************

Jack and his pack had completely missed being detected and now stood outside the monstrous building, Sasha had given him all the info he needed to find the girls. He noticed a security camera outside a ground floor window and called Jake to turn it off and any others in the area, he waited till the red blinking light disappeared before smashing through the window. Within seconds Jack was inside a room full of medical equipment. The rest of the pack followed Jack into an immense corridor and he sniffed the air, the whole place stank of fear, silver and a nasty food smell. He felt a pang of guilt for Sasha and these girls after all this was his fault.

He kept sniffing until he picked up on a faint wolf scent, these girls must be really week going by the strength of their scent. They prowled down the corridor until a new smell caught his nose, a human scent. He slowly continued in stalking mode, he clocked two guards outside a large solid door; the men had heavy guns in their hands. It looked as if they were expected by the way the men stood with poker straight faces and cold searching eyes.

Jack used his mind connection to contact his member that was with Connors pack **Right we might have a possible location for the girls, they are in the east wing and they are on high alert** he finished by ordering all his men to take a fruit before they attacked. Just as they were ready to attack a growl came from behind them "Damn!" Jack cursed as he seen the pure white teeth of a hybrid, "ATTACK!!!" Jack shouted before lunging at the dog, he clamped his powerful jaws round the dog's neck but the dog clawed at Jacks belly until Jack couldn't take the pain from the silver any more and had to release it. Luckily there were two pack members that were ready to pounce, one jumped on its back while the other slashed its throat open. The once white walls and floor were now dark red with splattered blood. Meanwhile the rest of the pack managed to take out the two guards without any problem. They were still trying to get through the heavy door without any success. **Move out my way!** Jack ordered and watched as his pack immediately moved. Jack lowered his head and cringed as he raced full speed at the door, 'this was going to hurt' he thought before closing his eyes at the last second. He felt the hinges give way under his strength and the door fell with a huge thump to the ground. Jack sat and waited for the room to stop spinning before his vision cleared and he gasped in shock.