Chapter Sixteen

Connor and Adelaide continued their walk in a comfortable silence, as they reached her doorstep Connor felt Adelaide tense up "What's wrong?" he asked gently squeezing her hand "I was just wondering if you were ever going to introduce me to your pack?" she spoke nervously scuffling her feet making Connor smile at how delicate she actually was "In time, if I took you to meet my pack they would insist on me completing the mating ritual which is not really what either of us want right now...well I would but not till I can be sure about your parents." he smiled and kissed her forehead which made his lips tingle, he knew he couldn't hold his wolf back for much longer.

They stood there for what seemed an eternity before he heard a chap at the window "Adelaide, time to come in you will catch your death out there!" her mum tutted, they both wondered just how long she had been spying on them. "OK I better go anyway, I will pick you up after work" Connor smiled as he stared at her full pouting lips that sulked at the thought of him leaving her, he picked her up by her waist and held her close to him and kissed her with so much passion that he knew he was going to have an uncomfortable walk back to his car. "Adelaide...Connor put her down, she has work tomorrow!" her mum called out again and Adelaide immediately wriggled for Connor to put her down which he cheekily held on her enjoying the energy that was flowing from her into him "Connor, please!" she pleaded making him cave in and placed her slowly back in the ground. As she moved quickly away from him he suddenly felt as if he was naked without her touch. He rubbed his arms where he had held her and stared lovingly into her perfect face and noticed the gold tint that was so evident to him and realised that she was also having the same problem holding back.

He picked up her left hand and placed a small kiss on it that sent a surge of energy right up her arm and she rewarded him by giving him a smile so big it showed off her dazzling white teeth 'if only they where on my neck right now!' he said in a daze thinking about the mark he had given her not even an hour ago, this would tell everyone that she belonged to him, next it would be her that had to initiate the mating ritual and return the favour.

He seen the curtains in the living room twitch again and knew it was defiantly time to go so he gave her one more kiss on her hand and waited till she had entered the house and closed the door behind her.

As he walked back to the spot they had felt a strange presence he looked around for the cause but nothing seemed out of the ordinary. He shrugged and carried on towards town. Things were going well he couldn't have chosen a better mate, apart from the initial problems and wasted years, they soon would be mated and she would quickly soon after carry his child. The thought of her carrying his babies made him smile so wide it hurt his face, anyone seeing him like this would probably think he was mad.

He reached his car and opened the driver door, a waft of her perfume had been trapped inside, and he inhaled it like a smoker does to a morning cigarette allowing the fragrance to fill his chest. After a minute he tried to sit in the drivers seat "Damn women!" he smirked as he pulled the lever under the seat to push the seat back that she had adjusted to drive him to the restaurant earlier. Although he won't admit it, the thought of her independence filled him with pride; his parents and his pack are going to love her.

Connor made it back home in record time as he took advantage of the fact he had his jag and not the jeep, anyway no one was ever on the road at this time of the morning. As he stepped in the house he felt overwhelmed, the house he had lived in all his life suddenly felt empty, he knew time was running out before his wolf overpowered him, took over and mated her. He knew his wolf would not be gentle with her either, as his wolf didn't understand the complexity of human feelings and she may never forgive him if that happened.

Hopefully his father would find out who her possible parents where...and soon!