Chapter Eleven

Adelaide sat in her room after Connor left to try and get her head round everything that he had told her. She believed him 100% as this explained the last couple of years, the heightened senses, her speed and strength but also explained her visions she had of Connor and the beast she was so frightened of.

She now thought of what it would feel like to shift into her wolf and wondered what she looked like as a wolf and how she would adapt after spending her whole life walking on two feet. She had no idea how to do this, Connor said he would teach her and also how to sharpen her wolf abilities and teach her to defend herself for her protection.

She should be angry, frustrated or something but all she felt inside was calm and peaceful for the first time in her life. One of the biggest revelations was the fact that her embarrassing secret that she had an imaginary friend in her head was actually her wolf, all werewolves have that inner voice that is a big part of who they are.

Her thoughts slowly drifted to Connor and how he explained in detail that the spirits had chosen them to be mates and when apart they feel like they have a part of them missing and the dreams they where both having was the spirits way of trying to pull them together causing sleepless nights, depression and with him severe chest pains that apparently stopped as soon as they met at the cafe.

"Wow I have my first date tomorrow!" she jumped up and down and squealed in delight. She had never been interested in boys before but now her whole body tingled at the thought of being near Connor again 'But what will we do!' she thought "Mmm I have no idea?" she said speaking out and not in her head "What did you say?" her mum asked as she came through into her bedroom with a pile of Adelaide's ironed clothes. "Ehhhmmm...nothing just thinking" she answered not looking at her face as she knew she was turning redder by the second "Ohhh is this about that boy that was downstairs, that's some catch" she winked causing Adelaide to stick her tongue out in disgust "Eeewww mum don't do that!" she choked and turned even redder. "You are sooo cute when you blush" she chuckled "Just be responsible" she finished knowing this would wind her up even more "Oh my god!...please stop talking" she whined and chucked herself face down on her bed and stayed there until she heard her mum laugh then leave.

'Why are parents so embarrassing' she thought but yeah he was a catch she smiled before drifting off into an erotic dream that she wished one day she could re-enact with him in reality.

She spent that evening pampering herself to the max starting off my having the hottest bath ever with a selection of her favourite bath oils, she covered her body with lightly scented body cream and her mum gave her a manicure, pedicure before she tidied up her eyebrows although she already know they where perfect. She always prided herself on her appearance but she felt that everything needed to be perfect for tomorrow. "So what are you doing tomorrow then" her mum asked curiously "And before you lie, I know you are meeting that boy again" she smiled so warmly that she knew that she couldn't even try to lie. "I'm not actually sure...this is completely new to me" she answered truthfully "Any ideas?" she asked her mum, right now any suggestions would be welcome.

"Well my first date with your dad was at the little Italian restaurant in town, it is still a popular place to go with those dim lights, the music the food..." she sighed as if reminiscing about her first date. "Sounds nice I might just do that...thanks" Adelaide smiled and stood up and hugged her mum causing her mum to beam from ear to ear "I'm going to have an early night" Adelaide smiled and ran upstairs, brushed her teeth and looked at the bottle of sleeping pills 'I won't need you tonight!' she thought to herself and climbed into bed, turned her lamp off and instantly she felt herself drift into the first deep rejuvenating sleep she had had in over two years.

She woke up gently allowing her eyes to wander at the light that filtered through a small gap in her curtains she turned to glance at her alarm clock and was shocked to see that it read just a couple of minutes off 9 o'clock 'mmm what a sleep!' she sighed with such contentment that it felt unreal to her. She climbed out of bed chucked her pink fluffy housecoat on and made her way down to the kitchen met with a smiling mother who held her arms out for a hug "Oh you look a million times better, you have colour in your face today" she smiled wiping a stray tear from her eye. Adelaide walked over and gave her mum a huge hug "Thanks for being there for me...even though I have been a pain in the ass at times" she said causing her mum to laugh, she then walked over to fill the kettle and placed a few slices of bread in the toaster and pushed the lever down. "So what time is he due?" her mum asked, she told her around lunchtime "So what are you going to do before going out for a meal then?" Mary casually asked as she handed the margarine over to Adelaide who had stopped in her tracks "I never thought of that!" she panicked trying to think of what they were going to do for at least seven hours till they went to the restaurant.

"Calm down, not a problem just sit down I will finish your breakfast for you while you have a think" she said calmly while walking over to the work top and placing the margarine down and grabbed a plate out of the cupboard.

By the time she had finished her breakfast they had decided that a walk through the nearby woods to the Loch would give her and Connor time to get to know each other better and the fresh air will give them an appetite for their meal later. If only she knew that her daughter was dating a werewolf Adelaide chuckled at the thought or the fact she was too. Suddenly it dawned on her, her parents must be the same?