Chapter Thirty

Adelaide felt groggy as she opened her blurry eyes, she tried to lift her head but it was too heavy 'what is going on?' she thought as she continued to struggle with her unresponsive body, she noticed a drip at her left side. She had a needle in her hand that strangely was badly bruised 'since when do I bruise?' she felt even more panicky as she heard a door unlocking.

"So you're the missing link?" a scary looking man hissed at her, he walked down the side of her bed "You look exactly like your mother, at least you will meet her soon" he cackled before leaving the room again.

Adelaide felt tears sting her eyes, 'what have I ever done to deserve this!' she sobbed quietly trying to keep some sort of dignity. All she could think about was Connor going to pick her up from work without any clue to her whereabouts, she wasn't sure if her wolf's plea had done anything...but she hoped!

************************

Sasha lay on her hard smelly mattress and heard whispering that echoed throughout the cells "She's here!" Sasha sat up and leaned against the wall "Who's here?" "The Alphas daughter is here!" Lucy said in a frightened voice. They all knew that once she had been found that all of them would be killed. "So where is she?" Sasha asked "She is kept in a maximum security cell in the west wing. Maybe it's for the best, I don't think I can spend any longer living like this" Lucy broke down, Sasha could hear her sobs through the wall, if only she could comfort her. Sasha had spent so long trying to raise her standards that she felt that she actually deserved to be here. But Lucy was a good girl and that made Sasha mad.

Sasha pulled at the collar on her neck but all it done was drain her even quicker 'DAMN' she cursed, she had to get out of here, she had to get everyone out of here. She had no idea where the protectiveness of these girls came from, especially as she has only actually seen a couple but knew there were at least fifteen to twenty girls in this wing.

The time came when the door flew open and an old women pushed a trolley down the corridor passing something that smelt vile through a small hatch in the doors, Sash pushed her week body up of the floor and shuffled to the window. The women must have been in her late sixties, "I hope you're proud of the job you do!" Sasha spat as she reached her door, the women just looked down at the ground and pushed a tray through the hatch.

Sasha looked at the brown substance and guessed it must be some sort of stew; it came with a little mashed potato and a glass of water. "Complements to the chef" Sasha huffed before taking the tray off the women, although it looked nasty, she needed all the energy she could get!

Sasha returned to her spot on the cold dirty floor and forced the cold foul tasting food down her throat as she let the tears fall down her face, she thought about her mate and how good it could have been, now only nineteen, her life was in serious danger and she realised that no-one would care either.

*********************

Adelaide had drifted off to sleep and in her mind she seen a huge building surrounded by a thick forest, she walked down the cold white corridors and seen rooms filled with every sort of medical equipment, a weapons room, and a room with huge cages with strange dogs locked inside them that went crazy when she passed them. But the worst part was when she opened a security door that led to two rows of cells that had girls behind it, she looked at the girls who seemed so be similar age to her. She passed girl after girl until she stopped and stared into the eyes of...

Adelaide woke up "Sasha!"