Chapter Twenty-eight

Jack was sitting in his office sifting through the packs accounts trying to get himself back on top of everything. He had gone to numerous pack meetings to get up to speed on how things where going. Alex had done a good job in running the pack while he was away. Luckily Jack hadn't done too much damage as the pack had accepted him back as Alpha without any hassle.

He had organised a huge garden party for next week to celebrate him finding his daughter and to close the dark chapters in his life. He had ordered enough drink to rival any nightclub and all the women where going to bake something while the high ranking members were going to be in charge of the BBQ and serving the food in a sort of role reversal.

He was due to listen to a couple of pack bands to see who got the job of entertainment. He had ordered a huge marquee to put up in a large clearing, Scottish weather is never predictable.

Suddenly he stopped and dropped his pen, the hairs on the back of stood up and he heard a small voice in his head **help me!** he didn't know how, but he knew exactly who it was from and fled from his office in fright.

"Alex, Alex, Alex!" he shouted frantically as he searched the house that Alex also shared. Alex was in the gym working his arms when he took one look at Jack and how pale he was "What's wrong?" he said sitting up on the bench grabbing his towel. "Sofia is in trouble" he said in a state of shock, they both knew instinctively that the hunters must have found her as she was the only one without the serum and Jack had an idea why.

**FLASHBACK**

Years ago during a food shortage, Jack was forced to look for food outside his lands and stole some chickens from a nearby farm. The stupid farmer must have heard the commotion and checked the shed. Jack tried to flee the scene but got cornered by some large dogs that belonged to the farmer. He didn't want to bring any more attention to himself so he grabbed the dogs mouths tightly, he had enough strength to keep them both at bay and soon enough the dogs gave in submissively and he was going to make a run for it until he seen headlights and knew he better stay where he was.

It was one of those usual green jeeps that all gamekeepers drive to make themselves look important, he got out and was talking to the farmer, he could hear them both clearly and realised that this gamekeeper wasn't as stupid as he thought, he had picked up the padlock that he had broken with his bare hands after his wolf had tried to dig through the door 'his wolf still really had no idea about human inventions' he saw the man study his wolves footprints that in some places merged with his human ones 'oh crap!' he thought.

When he wasn't looking he made a run for the trees just as some woman shone a light straight into his sensitive eyes, he was momentarily blinded and without warning he felt a sharp pain in his shoulder. He had been shot. He had no choice, any wolves who has been spotted by humans carries security issues so he done the only thing he could do...he attacked!

**END OF FLASHBACK**

If only he had made sure that they were both dead, he growled knowing that his mistake created a monster that now hunted werewolves down like dogs. This man was the cause of his wife's death and the loss of his daughter plus he had killed hundreds of his kind. Now he had a gut feeling he had his daughter.

He had to help her but he also knew it was a trap, he was looking for payback for him killing his wife and now his daughter could pay for his mistake with her own life.

He told Alex that he would have to go and if anything happened to him to take over as Alpha, Alex nodded and watched as Jack shifted into his huge grey wolf and sped off at flank speed towards the exact location that his daughter had called him from. Although he wasn't as young as he used to be, he still had as much stamina as he always had, he had spent so many years in wolf form that the ageing progress has slowed down to a crawl, one of the benefits of being a werewolf, this also meant that if you were mated to a human you could chose not to shift and age with your mate.

It took him hours to reach the spot and when he arrived he looked straight into the red eyes of the Kelltoch Alpha.