Chapter Thirty-eight

Jack and his pack looked on stunned silence at the sunken faces of so many girls; they just looked at them with a vacant expression on their faces. Jack growled loudly in anger before barking out orders for his pack to eat another fruit to protect them from the high concentration of silver, and to break down the doors and rescue these poor girls.

It didn't take long before the sound of twisting metal and banging seemed to die down and once they had managed to bite off the silver collars from the girls, they all filled with emotion started hugging all the wolves. Each of the wolves gave one of their fruits to the girls to help with the effects the silver they all had within their bloodstream.

Suddenly a familiar scent hit Jack's nose, one that made him feel sick to his stomach. It was the same unique disgusting scent that had haunted him since the day he attacked his pack and took away his whole world...Raven!

He also noticed that others from his pack had also picked up on this **You want a hand?** Alex spoke through mind connection knowing that Jack was going to go after him. **NO! you get these girls to safety, that's the most important thing you can do...and if I don't make it back, tell Adelaide that I have always loved her and I never gave up trying to find her!** he said sniffing slightly before bounding off in search of Raven.

The girls had rested for only a few minutes before Alex pushed them to shift, they had more chance of escaping if they could all make use of their full powers and it will help them rejuvenate their health a lot faster than their human form. One by one they all finally managed to shift. After a good stretch from some of them they where all ready for the long hazardous journey back to safety.

Alex took lead and some of the others took the rear and all the girls where herded into the middle, Alex hated the thought of losing any of them especially with all the hell they had already been through. After he done a final check through the mangled door and made the decision that it was safe, they all bolted as fast as they could hoping for a miracle. They got through the first corridor without a problem, but just as they were coming up to the next junction he tried to stop but his claws just slipped on the smooth shiny floor, in front of him was a barricade of hunters with two hybrids, the others had huge guns that he guessed was full of silver bullets. "Oh s**t!" he cringed before lunging at the nearest hybrid.

There where bullets flying everywhere but luckily the fruits where still doing their job and allowed them to take down the men, the dogs where a different matter, they done more damage as they had powerful jaws that ripped through their flesh and cut deep gashes wherever their super sharp silver clad claws touched. Some wolves where now lying on the floors howling in pain from their injuries that thankfully although painful where already starting to heal. Alex clocked one of the dogs closing in on a group of females who where backed into a corner, they bared their teeth at their attacker but the dog was trained for one thing only...to kill!

Alex called out to two other wolves whom where close to them and all three of them jumped the dog, one landed on his back and bit into the thick fat the covered the back of its neck, the other had hold of its tail, Alex noticing that it was distracted by them took advantage and went straight for the throat, he bit down until his mouth filled with warm blood, even the dogs blood had a nippy sensation that was the telltale sign of silver present in its bloodstream.

It took them another twenty minutes of pure adrenaline to take down the other two. Only three wolves had serious injuries, no one had been killed so odds where still good although Alex hoped they didn't encounter any more hybrids they where a bas***d to kill, he wondered how Jack was doing but didn't want to disturb him while he was tracking.

********************************

Jack had followed the scent all the way across the building and now sat outside a more homely wing than the rest of the sterile hospital like building. There where signs on the door that confirmed that this must be his personal living quarters. There where two cameras outside the heavy metal door 'This one is really going to hurt my head!' he groaned, **Jake I need all cameras turned off in the west part of the building** Jack ordered and within seconds the blinking red led disappeared.

Jack noticed from the corner of his eye what looked like a doctor or scientist, whatever he was he had a white lab coat on and didn't look armed, Jack crept up behind him and before the man had a chance he had jumped him from behind and knocked him to the floor rendering him unconscious, he didn't like killing anyone who didn't look like a threat, he quickly shifted into his human form and stripped off the mans trousers and put them on along with the lab coat. If he was going to fight this man then he was going to do it man to man.

Being in human form also allowed him to unlock the door without breaking it down with his head, anyway that would probably give him away; he wanted the element of surprise.

Meanwhile Alex had waited with the injured until they were able to carry on, he didn't believe in leaving a fallen member. Although they struggled, all of them managed to exit the building without any further problems **We are out the building, I need an update on your position!** Alex barked out to his pack member who had stayed with Connor keep both packs in touch. **We are all fine, Connor has Adelaide, but there are strong human scents coming from all around us...I think it's an ambush?** the reply came "S**t!" Alex swore trying to think of a plan, they were in deep trouble, he hadn't heard from Jack, Connor and his pack where in trouble, and this was getting really heavy!

Alex grinned in his toothy smile, if they are planning an ambush, them I will plan an ambush on the ambush! **Jake can you scan their video feeds? I need you to find the hunters and see if they are hauled up anywhere, I need you to be our eyes, that way you can alert Connor on the enemies line of attack** Alex finished with a rather dark chuckle, he knew how good Jake was at all that sort of stuff. It was minutes if that before Jake came back with an exact location of about twenty men and at least five more of those dreaded hybrids.

**Right men listen up! We have Intel on an ambush, they are all waiting at the hole on the fence that we had all came through, they obviously think we will leave the same way we came. I have alerted Connor's team to hold back till further notice, we need to kill these as***les once and for all. If we circle behind the ambush, with our added advantage of not giving off a scent, the dogs won't sense us. We will then give word to Connors team to move forward, as they approach we will wait until they are ready to attack then we will make our move. Any questions?** Alex finished **How many dogs?** one of the weaker injured members asked with a worried voice **Five that we can see** Alex's head filled with voices as everyone panicked, they barely managed three let alone at least five! Alex struggled to calm them down, he knew it was a lot to ask of them, especially as they where still escorting the girls who carried scent, he had to think how he was going to hide thirty wolves without bringing attention to himself. He had no choice but get them to join Connors pack.

He spoke to Jake to check that it would be safe enough to send the girls over there, Jake replied to say that there were no signs of anyone in this area. He asked for some of Connor's pack to collect the girls and join back into a bigger pack, they where nowhere near the ambush yet anyway so a few extra scents won't bother the dogs.

Connor had received the message and agreed with the plan, for this to work the McLeod pack needed to stay invisible. He sent five of his best men and soon enough Alex spotted the dark figures racing out from the shadows, Alex felt relief as he watched the girls follow the Kelltoch members back into the shadows. It wasn't long before he knew the girls would reach the relative safety of the bigger group.